Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun SCS-320

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Does Holosun make anything else to fit the DPP footprint? It would seem there's a market here in addition to the SCS. I could see a DPP EPS being popular with those who may not trust or want the internal battery or the auto adjust features.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I imagine Holosun has some giant AI perusing the interwebs and anytime we mention an idea Holosun comes out with it 3 weeks later.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Interesting claim. Generally, red LEDs have better battery life than green LEDs (the shorter the wavelength, the shorter the battery life, as a very general rule of thumb). E.g., the MRO in green has a significantly shorter battery life than the red. Interestingly, Holosun claims identical battery life between their green and red sights for the most part, so it still doesn't make that much sense to claim that the green has better battery life than red for the SCS, unless the SCS is using some kind of new diode? Dunno.
    Holosun does indeed claim better power efficiency with their greens than their reds. I suspect it is a combination of the charge/discharge rates, power storage capacity, and the effect of the (very good) auto brightness. I am certain that if they could have produced a red SCS, they would have. The SCRS, which is obviously larger and probably has a larger battery (or capacitor), is available in red.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Does Holosun make anything else to fit the DPP footprint? It would seem there's a market here in addition to the SCS. I could see a DPP EPS being popular with those who may not trust or want the internal battery or the auto adjust features.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    They currently do not. I think we will see them continue to focus on the RMR and 507k footprints. The 507k footprint (used for the k optics, EPS, and EPS Carry) uses identical screw positioning and spacing to the DPP, but a smaller pocket. I'm a little surprised they are not making a first-party DPP to K footprint adapter plate.

Need SCS enclosed emitter for MOS

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    Need SCS enclosed emitter for MOS
    https://holosun.com/products/reflex-...s/scs-mos.html

Yes, but isn't that an open emitter unlike the 320 SCS?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Yes it is.
    --Jason--

Got it. I mistakenly assumed that they were all enclosed

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    Got it. I mistakenly assumed that they were all enclosed
    That is the difference between a red dot shooter and an iron sight shooter. Of course, the red dot guy knows that a 320 SCS is different that a a Glock SCS! Holosun does it to confuse the traditional sight shooters.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

That is the difference between a red dot shooter and an iron sight shooter. Of course, the red dot guy knows that a 320 SCS is different that a a Glock SCS! Holosun does it to confuse the traditional sight shooters.
    LOL

User Tag List