Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun SCS-320

Site Supporter
    So which of SIGs dozen different optic cuts will this fit?

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    So which of SIGs dozen different optic cuts will this fit?
    I think this is the Romeo 1 Pro/DPP optic cut.

Someone please correct me if i'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Interesting claim. Generally, red LEDs have better battery life than green LEDs (the shorter the wavelength, the shorter the battery life, as a very general rule of thumb). E.g., the MRO in green has a significantly shorter battery life than the red. Interestingly, Holosun claims identical battery life between their green and red sights for the most part, so it still doesn't make that much sense to claim that the green has better battery life than red for the SCS, unless the SCS is using some kind of new diode? Dunno.
    After some thought, I wonder if it's an issue with the fact that the human eye tends to have much better sensitivity to green than red, and this allows Holosun to tune their auto-brightness curve to that sensitivity, and thus use less battery by putting less power into the green diode but still having the same perceived intensity/brightness as something with more power into the red? Especially if they've managed to get the efficiencies of the two diodes to be pretty close? Just spitballing here, I doubt we'll ever get a real answer.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Anyone have insight as to whether these work with standard height irons like some of the other SCS sights? Picture of the thing mounted on a pistol with no irons isn't helpful in this regard.

A couple short videos

This might be kind of neat on a Staccato. I believe it would fit directly to the DPO.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    A couple short videos

This might be kind of neat on a Staccato. I believe it would fit directly to the DPO.

The ridiculously tall optic body of a DPP is a dinosaur in 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    This SCS doesn't look to be much taller than the EPS. Maybe a little but not much. And it shouldn't require irons that are ½" tall.

I just checked: EPS -0.99, SCS - 1.06. I don’t think it’s too much of a difference. Especially if there’s no need for a plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    This SCS doesn't look to be much taller than the EPS. Maybe a little but not much. And it shouldn't require irons that are ½" tall.

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    I just checked: EPS -0.99, SCS - 1.06. I don’t think it’s too much of a difference. Especially if there’s no need for a plate.
    No, sorry… I’m saying an actual Leupold Deltapoint Pro is a dinosaur and I would happily replace any of my current high deck Leupolds with one of the low profile deck height Holosun offerings on the same footprint.

I would happily replace any of my current high deck Leupolds with one of the low profile deck height Holosun offerings on the same footprint.
    Does Holosun make anything else to fit the DPP footprint? It would seem there's a market here in addition to the SCS. I could see a DPP EPS being popular with those who may not trust or want the internal battery or the auto adjust features.

User Tag List