Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any LCR fans?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    ...you can get an LCR with XS sights, good grips and a decent trigger. Sure, not everyone's favorite sight...
    FWIW, Novak's has front sight options for the LCR now with a big tritium or fiber optic dot, that's in a conventional square sight, instead of the rounded XS profile.

Of course, I noticed this in the Brownell's catalog about ten minutes after I'd finished installing an XS front sight on my LCR.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave J View Post
    Of course, I noticed this in the Brownell's catalog about ten minutes after I'd finished installing an XS front sight on my LCR.
    Story of my life, right there.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

I don't think the recoil is the same between a LCR and a J- frame scandium when shooting 38. I think the LCR has more felt recoil.

I consider a CT laser mandatory on any snubbie.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    I don't think the recoil is the same between a LCR and a J- frame scandium when shooting 38. I think the LCR has more felt recoil.
    If God wanted me to shoot revolvers lighter than a steel-cylindered Airweight, he'd have put more padding over the bone at the base of my thumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    If God wanted me to shoot revolvers lighter than a steel-cylindered Airweight, he'd have put more padding over the bone at the base of my thumb.
    Good one Tam. The S&W J Frame Airweight is the lightest 38 Special I'll play around with but I'm more comfortable with the weight of a Charter Arm's all steel Undercover. Of course the problem with that is the Charter Arms Undercover isn't a S&W M-36 or M-37...sigh...

My S&W 638 meets my needs and I have had it many years. No desire or need for a LCR .38/.357.

On the other hand a LCR .22 is sparking some interest as well as a SR.22. Might give up my .22/45 for that pair.

The out of the box trigger feels better on the LCR, but the sights track funny and there's a weird false reset on the trigger that locks the cylinder up if you pull the trigger from it. Similarly short stroking a smith only skips a chamber.

13 ounces for a .38? WAY too heavy. Here is a .357 at 11 ounces. True with a HOT .357 round it feels like getting hit in the palm with a bat by Hank Arron.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post
    13 ounces for a .38? WAY too heavy. Here is a .357 at 11 ounces.
    If you shoot that riboflavin-framed .357 enough to maintain anything remotely like proficiency with it, you'll be the first person I've met who owns one that does so.

User Tag List