Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Name that Newsletter

Quote Originally Posted by wrmettler View Post
    The full company name needs to be included in the news/info's name.
    The Lost River Ammunition Company.
    Otherwise, you're not helping promote the business. You're selling Idaho.

Something like:
    LostRiver Ammo Blast
    LostRiver Ammunition Special Information.

LR Ammo Blast and then reserve the website name LR Ammo because Google.

Just some thoughts.
    Very good points.

Lots of good ideas upthread. What follows is not necessarily better, but may jog a thought or two.

Consider Lucky Gunner. Chris adds value through the data provided independent of his sales department. It's an interesting way to keep the customers he has and gain others that might not otherwise spend time on his site. And he has the right idea as a web based entity. Paper is just too expensive on multiple levels.

The Lost River Field Reports (I just made that up as a placeholder) could provide memorable data on the field use of old calibers, the hunting history of the quadrant of the USA you're in, or perhaps inteview successful local guides. An article or two on the largest (instert animal here) shot since (insert year here). (Insert name here) was the guide. Here is what he did right, and some things he wouldn't do again.

If enough people follow Lost River Field Reports on the web, I would expect the local businesses whose income revolves around the hunting season to inquire about advertising.

Cordially,
    Duces

Duces,

Good points, and I actually have some content that I have been considering. It would include both input from me, as well as from others who visit the site and choose to enter their own information. Essentially it would end up being a repository of information for those looking for that specific data.

LR Ammo Round-Up...Epitaph... Review...Journal...Chronical...Messenger

or the LR Ammo Bee.

Just Kidding but it is ID. Almost 500K Mormons there.

No affiliation.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Nuggets Found at Lost River

Lost River Pravda?

Lost River Ammo Gossip?

(Not sure if that would be considered homage to Gunsite or plagiarism)
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

One important thing to remember about marketing is that, often times, the name itself doesn't actually matter all that much. Sometimes even a ridiculous name can work.
    The more important thing is the schtick and the substance of the newsletter content. Come up with something unique and valuable and the rest will sort itself out.

Considering the subject matter, I think there'd be great opportunity focusing on customer experiences and exploits, back story on why certain loads are what they are, news about upcoming loads or batches.
    Another thing that helps inspire activity (if that's what you want) is to include a call to action somewhere encouraging replies. (e.g. "Have your own story about hunting with hard cast wadcutters? We'd love to hear it!")
    A lot of different ways to use those replies, when people are cool with it. People also love hearing authentic stories related to products they're considering, and customers often appreciate being valued enough to be featured.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

I assume that eventually you will expand your ammo business to hand made axes and large fixed blade knives
    so 'Lost River's Trading Post' would allow room for expansion and allow for a wanted ad section for ads like this:

WANTED: Somebody to go back in time with me.
    This is not a joke. P.O. Box 322, Oakview, CA 93022.
    You'll get paid after we get back. Must bring your
    own weapons. Safety not guaranteed. I have only
    done this once before.
    "To achieve any significant technological breakthrough, much Derp must be endured." -Rich@CCC
    "Your shotgun is running a bit frenetic, you should add some lavender to your lubricant, that should calm it down." -Aray, Oils and Lotions SME

Lost and Found:
    A journal of fine ammunitons to ride the river with.
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

User Tag List