Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Name that Newsletter

Name that Newsletter

Friends,

I am going to be putting out a newsletter for the company(Lost River Ammunition Company). I don't really know what it all will entail, but for right now I need to come up with a name. Something that people will associate the name of the newsletter with the company. Also, the plan is to email previous customers, as well as anyone else, when things are back in stock. Yesterday while working I tried to come up with a catchy name, and I will just say that making ammo is far easier than coming up with brilliant ideas.

So, if you have any ideas, I am all ears, and others can contribute with additional comments, Yea or Nay.

I thought about just calling it the Lost River Ammo Newsletter, but there has to be something better.

Thoughts?

"River, Found"

"The Canoe"

"The Expedition"

"Map to the Lost River"

"Lost River 2: Electric Boogaloo"
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

"Lost River Press"

"Loose Brass on the Lost River"

"Dispatches from [the/a] Lost River"

"Lost River Gazette"

And your header better include proper woodcut patterning.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    Friends,

I am going to be putting out a newsletter for the company(Lost River Ammunition Company). I don't really know what it all will entail, but for right now I need to come up with a name. Something that people will associate the name of the newsletter with the company. Also, the plan is to email previous customers, as well as anyone else, when things are back in stock. Yesterday while working I tried to come up with a catchy name, and I will just say that making ammo is far easier than coming up with brilliant ideas.

So, if you have any ideas, I am all ears, and others can contribute with additional comments, Yea or Nay.

I thought about just calling it the Lost River Ammo Newsletter, but there has to be something better.

Thoughts?
    I was tempted to try to come up with something clever as well. But from a marketing standpoint you're right--name recognition is the priority.

The Lost River Ammo Newsletter
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by oregon45 View Post
    "Lost River Press"
    Grin,

That would be a good one, except there is (or at least was) a Lost River Press. It was a local paper.

Good name though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    Grin,

That would be a good one, except there is (or at least was) a Lost River Press. It was a local paper.

Good name though.
    You could call it the "Lost River Progressive Press" and then only the coolest customers would be in on the joke

Do you receive any field reports from your customers? Those could be included in a column. If you find yourself frequently answering the same common queries, a "Letters to the Editor" section may be a place to address them and stave off copy/pasting the same response in a flow of subsequent e-mails. And something like your recent brief post of a headshot jack could be a filler plus subtle confirmation that you do use your own stuff.

You should also keep your release schedule on the light side like quarterly or preferably biannual. No one likes spam, meeting tight deadlines is a common source of failed newsletter projects, you are already busy, and it'd help allow for curation and creation of each edition.
    - From The Journal of Unsolicited Opinions, Vol. 33

Site Supporter
    Are you planning on content other than ammo? Outdoorsy stuff? Hunting stories? Personal stories?
    Other for sale items like swag or other hardware... ?

Life at (on the?) Lost River... or something along that line...

Lost River Lifestyle...
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Do you receive any field reports from your customers? Those could be included in a column. If you find yourself frequently answering the same common queries, a "Letters to the Editor" section may be a place to address them and stave off copy/pasting the same response in a flow of subsequent e-mails. And something like your recent brief post of a headshot jack could be a filler plus subtle confirmation that you do use your own stuff."

You should also keep your release schedule on the light side like quarterly or preferably biannual. No one likes spam, meeting tight deadlines is a common source of failed newsletter projects, you are already busy, and it'd help allow for curation and creation of each edition.

I do receive a few reports now and then, and my website designer was supposed to set up a section on the site, so those comments could be reviewed by people visiting the site, but it never happened. In fact I need to talk to him about that. That is another thing that needs to happen. I would definitely like to see field reports and pics, as I know a number of guys have used the ammo on game animals and had positive comments, so it would be nice to showcase that feedback in a newsletter.

Very good info about the timeline.

User Tag List