Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Music Covers You Like Better Than The Original

In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Gotta have some Led Zep:

In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

This John Prine cover of Blaze Foley's "Clay Pigeons" is great

My favorite part is the ethereal electric guitar/harmonica background around the 2:50 mark

You’re kidding right? I have an entire playlist of covers, and several of you have just contributed to it. Thanks everybody 😀

Site Supporter
    So I've been binge watching Voice/X Factor/(Fill in the blank)'s got talent auditions. I can't NOT watch this every time it shows up in the recommended or mix.

Funny enough, I like this particular performance better than anything else I've seen of theirs, including other performances of this song.
    'Nobody ever called the fire department because they did something intelligent'

Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

The actual "original" is lost in the mists of time...But I really like this version.
    I've had my arm inside that particular guitar once, I believe.
    (Lutherie is a bit like large animal vet practice at times.)

"If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

While My Guitar Gently Weeps by The Main Squeeze: https://youtu.be/GwOaBb_0Umc?si=ep5INRUBiiB7uFfC
    They also do amazing Floyd and Hendrix covers. The guitarist is bad ass.

Also love Gary Clark Jr’s cover of “Oh Pretty Woman”. https://youtu.be/B7VHutEJmJg?si=o2HOC7guoQHl-rQ6

John Mayer’s cover of “Ain’t No Sunshine” is amazing as well. https://youtu.be/3ZyxyehN_Qk?si=9xgwESinho-f61xA

User Tag List