Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Music Covers You Like Better Than The Original

For the reggae fans

https://youtu.be/S9G_IeVMXvc?si=xn8vy6Y2bD0Y7bmw

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    This is, of course, very subjective, but sometimes a clever cover comes along that makes you say, "That was better than the original." List some of your favorites here:

"Take on Me": Reel Big Fish > A-Ha
    The staccato horn section gets me every time
    (the song that got this whole train started in my head; I introduced the RBF version to Younger Offspring, and every time we hear any version of this song, we agree about this assessment).

"With a Little Help From My Friends": Joe Cocker > The Beatles
    The entire change in sound, and the background singers

(honorable mention)
    "Wonderwall": Ryan Adams >= Oasis
    I go back and forth on this one. The RA version is totally "emo", but it gets me in "the feels" (as the kids say) sometimes.

Most of my favorites have already been covered (get it? Covered? I crack myself up). I really like Marilyn Manson’s cover of Sweet Dreams (originally performed by the Eurythmics).

ETA: also the White Stripes cover of Jolene (originally by Dolly Parton) is amazing. And the Rage Against The Machine cover of Pistol Grip Pump (originally by Volume 10) is solid too.
    Last edited by WobblyPossum; 09-01-2023 at 09:31 AM.

Warren Zevon’s cover of Steve Winwood’s “Back in the High Life” is incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    Lol, I love Dylan, but he's not the kind of artist you can force on anyone. His version of the song is more desolate. Its like he's talking to no-one and dying alone. A friend of mine, (who loves Clapton) described the Clapton version as "Eric Clapton doing Jimmy Buffet doing Bob Dylan". I also love Cream, but I don't think their catalog is quite extensive enough to support an extensive road trip.
    Dylan's version works well in the movie scene it was used in.
    And that's pretty much all the good I've got to say about Dylan. Just not my cup of tea.

Site Supporter
    How do you post the actual YouTube video?

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Delete the spaces:

[ video ] YouTube video url goes here [ / video ]
    And remember when demons and beasts cast their darkness, you have God's love - and Browning's wrath - to guide you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    Warren Zevon’s cover of Steve Winwood’s “Back in the High Life” is incredible.
    Yes it is

Megadeth's Anarchy in the UK. It was a phase in high school. Fight me.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    In the lineup of options, theres a quote icon, the icon just left of that is the insert video icon, click it, it gives a place to paste the address of the video, than it shows up.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

User Tag List