Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kimber pro carry II

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    Most shops won't carry Kimber because they require you to buy a certain lot of guns, not just the ones you want. Though I am not sure that Kimber is the best value. Their safety system leaves a lot to be desired and is 99% of the time not fit right. Even if it is, its pretty easy to make a Schwartz safety malfunction and give you a click when you want a bang. Lots of other good 1911s in the same price range. I would recommend something in a series 70.
    I was told it was because of all the problems not because of required purchases

There is much wisdom in the first reply… I fall into the third group. I have a Kimber Tactical Pro II that I took to a Gunsite 250 in 2004. Mine has been okay, but my biggest complaint is the aforementioned Schwartz firing pin safety. Occasionally it will impede the slide’s return to battery. The gun has sat in my safe for nearly two decades now, but I’m unlikely to sell it since I earned my “silver chicken” with it. I doubt I’ll ever buy another, and certainly not a Series II.

User Tag List