Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 500/503 errors, site inaccessible due to slow loading

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    1. Using these DNS servers did not save me from the site being inaccessible for the past 24+ hours...

2. Easiest way to change DNS is to log in to your home router and change them there... Typically, you log in to the router, select advanced settings then DNS... Then disable Dynamic DNS and manually enter the served IP's you want to use... For Google... 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I guess it depends on your operating system. I use a chromebook.

If you go to google dns or the open dns site, they tell you how to add to your operating system. Literally, it is as simple as swapping a series of a few numbers.

It wouldn't have mattered for the recent P-F downtime, though.

Here's a link on google that gives info...but just google how to change dns server on "X", with "X" being your operating system.

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+...US967&ie=UTF-8
    Thanks a bunch. Having the server issues last 48 hours (which seem to have been resolved?) reminded me of this thread. I was not able to access the site for a period of 6 days I think it was the last time, and I believe it was due to these DNS issues, so when I got reminded with this thread popping up, I thought I should ask.

I did log in to my router at 192.168.1.1 and confirmed my settings for DNS are selectable, so if I decide to go that route, I can.

Just wanted to explain; I appreciate the info.

I checked the is it down site a few times yesterday and they couldn't connect with P-F.

https://www.isitdownrightnow.com/

I don't have any trouble with any other sites so not seeing changing anything on this end to tune in P-F to be helpful.

The Borg contacted me yesterday. I told them they had the wrong guy.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I've been having issues also. In my case I'm having the issue with multiple sites that only seem to be firearms related forums. It will resolve itself in a few minutes and load normally then. This has been going on for awhile now (weeks).

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    I've been having issues also. In my case I'm having the issue with multiple sites that only seem to be firearms related forums. It will resolve itself in a few minutes and load normally then. This has been going on for awhile now (weeks).
    It's the "mostly peaceful" response to the freedoms the "freedom loving" left, (sarcasm intended), doesn't agree with.

Only they qualify as the arbiters of such weighty matters.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    It's the "mostly peaceful" response to the freedoms the "freedom loving" left, (sarcasm intended), doesn't agree with.

Only they qualify as the arbiters of such weighty matters.
    I'd be lying if I said I never suspected some alphabet agency or NGO dweeb having their sole job as sitting in some basement launching DNS attacks for the sole purpose of fucking with certain types of sites. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    I'd be lying if I said I never suspected some alphabet agency or NGO dweeb having their sole job as sitting in some basement launching DNS attacks for the sole purpose of fucking with certain types of sites. lol
    A conspiracy theory I can relate to.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

One must not discount the Russian bot farms or Chinese Wumaos either.
    A lot of people don't like us.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    The site seems brutally slow today/tonight. I'm using Firefox, fwiw.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    The site seems brutally slow today/tonight. I'm using Firefox, fwiw.
    Same (21/22/23 Feb 2024).

Safari, laptop and iPhone. That said, give it enough time to pour a cup of coffee, and you're unlikely to notice much.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Same. Long lag times, time out messages, etc. Other websites fine.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

User Tag List