Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: 500/503 errors, site inaccessible due to slow loading

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    Is there another forum where Pistol-Forum members can go to find out about the outages? This is about the only forum I frequent other than a couple about rimfire.
    Not another forum, but helpful: https://www.isitdownrightnow.com/pistol-forum.com.html
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    So... did it?
    I may have died of dysentery.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    Is there another forum where Pistol-Forum members can go to find out about the outages? This is about the only forum I frequent other than a couple about rimfire.
    It took a couple of minutes of looking, but at least one long-time member here is a mod on another forum. Other members here, including LL, are members of other forums too, so I think the danger of being completely cut off from the community is pretty minimal. Having said that, I'd have worried a little less if we'd had some sort of plan along the line of meeting at the neighbor's mailbox if the house burns down.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    I may have died of dysentery.
    I had that happen to me once, but I got better.

Name:  9e563545c4c615695b33afd49176fd8a-3912938568.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  19.9 KB
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

Site Supporter
    I'm also (was) a member of the Texas Conceal Handgun (TCH) forum. It is/was run/owned by Charles Cotton of NRA fame. Tragically, Mr Cotton has removed himself from moderating the forum, but not given any authority to somebody else. I haven't been able to log in in 6 months because supposedly I tried too many times with a bad password. The "I forgot my password" feature is useless. I hit the button and will be told that I'll get an email with a code to change it. Except. I NEVER get the email. Seems I'm not the only one. Also, the last new member was back in something like Feb of 2023. The join feature is also apparently off line. Nobody seems to be moderating the site.
    If Mr. Cotten has other things to do, I understand. He NEEDS to turn the site over to somebody else. I've looked for another Texas centric gun forum, but so far with no luck. If somebody knows of one, please send me a link.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    I've looked for another Texas centric gun forum, but so far with no luck. If somebody knows of one, please send me a link.
    texasguntalk.com seems to be fairly active.

Site Supporter
    With texaschlforum experiencing recent downtime substantially overlapping with the issues here, I'm assuming the two are both related to intentional acts from malicious actors. Not just a server/IT/tech issue...
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    t'was a dark couple of days.
    I kept looking for the black helicopters, but they never came.
    I would look at my emergency rations and wonder, did I have enough?
    the internet was devoid of light and heat, of sound and fury, signifying... nothing.
    I was, alone. cold. destitute.
    Could I survive in such a barren landscape? Would my will sustain me when all hope had been lost?
    It should have given you lots of time to work on old cars. Or did you spend all your time clicking - - - - - - - and waiting - - - - - and clicking - - - - - - - - and waiting - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    I'm also (was) a member of the Texas Conceal Handgun (TCH) forum. It is/was run/owned by Charles Cotton of NRA fame. Tragically, Mr Cotton has removed himself from moderating the forum, but not given any authority to somebody else. I haven't been able to log in in 6 months because supposedly I tried too many times with a bad password. The "I forgot my password" feature is useless. I hit the button and will be told that I'll get an email with a code to change it. Except. I NEVER get the email. Seems I'm not the only one. Also, the last new member was back in something like Feb of 2023. The join feature is also apparently off line. Nobody seems to be moderating the site.
    If Mr. Cotten has other things to do, I understand. He NEEDS to turn the site over to somebody else. I've looked for another Texas centric gun forum, but so far with no luck. If somebody knows of one, please send me a link.
    Don’t get me started. I’ve been trying to get registered for almost two years with the help of a P-Fer, no luck. I gave up.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    texasguntalk.com seems to be fairly active.
    Thanks - I’ll check that out.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    Having said that, I'd have worried a little less if we'd had some sort of plan along the line of meeting at the neighbor's mailbox if the house burns down.
    Maybe a semi-dormant private FB group just for backup contact? I’m trying to think what is free and widespread.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List