Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Idalia

Cranked up my gennie this morning to make sure it ran; started on the first pull.

Name:  IMG_3084.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  43.6 KB

I need to get a small room A/C, been meaning to pick up one of those in case. Main reason for us is to be able to sleep at night. I can put up with (and have put up with) days and days of no power/hot weather, but it is a Godsend to be able to isolate one room with a bed in it.

Another thing I just realized I don't have is a digital terrestrial TV antenna, need to order one of those also. We were watching live TV (we don't have Cable) on tubi.com and they were having streaming issues. Kind of like having my Ham radio (I'm KO4ZMP) to hand, if needs be.

Batten down the hatches.

I've been through more hurricanes than I care to remember. Don't miss 'em.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I need to get a small room A/C, been meaning to pick up one of those in case. Main reason for us is to be able to sleep at night. I can put up with (and have put up with) days and days of no power/hot weather, but it is a Godsend to be able to isolate one room with a bed in it.
    You want a high efficiency Midea "U" AC. I've got two, run them off of solar, saved me a lot of money this summer.

https://amzn.to/3qTRKYR
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    You want a high efficiency Midea "U" AC. I've got two, run them off of solar, saved me a lot of money this summer.

https://amzn.to/3qTRKYR
    For all concerned, one of these can make you a hero when your HVAC is down. Very handy.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    I just converted my portable honda to a "dual fuel" setup with a propane conversion. And dang it runs clean. I don't have data on how long a tank will last, but I can store propane cans easier than I can store gas cans.

I did this right before Dora, in early August, and I'm lucky that the wind didn't bring destruction to us like it did Lahaina, Maui
    FWIW gf sells stuff as part time job at Craft shows & etc, at recent show she was next to a couple that sold egg rolls & etc they were using a pair of these dual fuel generators https://www.amazon.com/Champion-Powe...L45W2V9/r?th=1 running on propane

Said they were pretty quiet, I wasn't there so not sure how they compare to Honda Superquiet.

Edited to add: That couple does this near full time at least seasonally so they are using those generators a lot and where real happy with them.
    Last edited by Dov; 08-30-2023 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dov View Post
    FWIW gf sells stuff as part time job at Craft shows & etc, at recent show she was next to a couple that sold egg rolls & etc they were using a pair of these dual fuel generators https://www.amazon.com/Champion-Powe...L45W2V9/r?th=1 running on propane

Said they were pretty quiet, I wasn't there so not sure how they compare to Honda Superquiet.

Edited to add: That couple does this near full time at least seasonally so they are using those generators a lot and where real happy with them.
    I'm not of the opinion that one needs a Honda unless you just can't be bothered to start your genny a few times a year. I've ran gennys a lot as you guys know, and I've never thought "gee, I wish I'd paid way more for less capacity and power, but better quality". My home contractor guy has a bounce house business with ten (10!) HF 3500 inverter gennys like what I have and he swears by them.

The new HF 5000 looks nice.
    #RESIST

User Tag List