Thread: Alpha Wolf Completed Ported Slide Gen 3 17 issues

Site Supporter

Alpha Wolf Completed Ported Slide Gen 3 17 issues

I picked up one of these G17 slides(https://lonewolfdist.com/complete-sl...rel-assembled/) to turn my old duty gun into a red dot gun. It would not group at all. I started to think they were closing these out because they had issues. I would shoot ten round groups and would get one or two where the dot was zeroed and then the rest would look like a shotgun pattern. It could be due to the barrel fit, or something else with the slide, as when I first got it the slide got stuck and I had to push on the RSA to get the slide off. When I would do that the RSA would be disconnected from the barrel. I tried two different lowers (including a timberwolf G17 frame I had) and I tried a lone wolf standard barrel and a regular G17 barrel. That upper would not group at all. I did try another RMR the next day to make sure it wasn't an issue with the new SRO I bought and I had issues even with that RMR installed.

I contacted their customer service by email as it is the weekend, so I will let you know what they say, but I would stay away from these slides/barrels until I get more info. It seems like either I got a bad one, or they were on sale because they aren't any good.

Has any one else had one of these?

Site Supporter
    Got a reply today that their armorer thinks its a barrel issue and wants me to ship the whole thing back, but they did not provide any kind of mailing label. I wrote them back and let them know I already tested the slide with another one of their barrels and a stock glock 17 barrel and had the same issues. Since I also tested with another good optic I know that wasn't the issue either. I hope they will either just authorize a return/refund or at least provide me with a mailing label as I have already wasted about $80 bucks in ammo and two sets of screws trying to get this thing to work. Will post more when they reply, but it looks like I am going to be stuck with this turd and most likely wasting more ammo when the next slide/barrel combination doesn't work either.

With respect to slides, LWD has had many issues over the years that I’ve seen firsthand. I’ve had overall good experiences with the barrels, but my understanding is most of their manufacturing is outsourced and inconsistent. I own one of their complete G19 slides made around 2016 and it cycles FMJ but cannot cycle JHP at all despite Glock OEM frame and mags.

Hopefully LWD gets your slide fixed. I can’t comment on their CS as I’ve never used it. Your experience highlights my my interest in non-Glock “Glock” parts, which is zero and will probably remain there.

Site Supporter
    So after I pushed a bit the customer service person said they were at first "overwhelmed" and was answering tickets by themself (probably not a good sign) and they authorized the RMA for a full refund. I honestly knew that when the slide assembly was discounted $300 that it was most likely not going to work really well. I am in the process of shipping it back so I guess if I actually see a full refund I will be amazed, but most likely with how the process has went so far I am worried.

In terms of other lone wolf products, I do have a timberwolf frame that has seen quite a bit of rounds through it and amazingly has a great trigger. I also purchased a 19 slide on a previous build that ended up going to a friend as I don't seem to shoot the 19 very well, especially compared to a 17. He has about 7k through it so far and its been a great gun for him. I guess from here on out I will just stick with brownells and grey ghost slides as both of those have worked out really well for red dots.

I bought four of these a few weeks ago. I finally got around to shooting them today and they all have acceptable accuracy. I will say I was a bit annoyed with Lonewolf since one of the four they sent me had clearly been shot a few hundred to thousand rounds. They replaced it but I had to push a bit to get them to cover the return label. Sounds like you may have just received a bad example.

I wish there was a way to determine what vendor made what slide.

I've put together three lone wolf lowers because I like the grip angles, plus I purchased a complete pistol for $299 from PSA. That pistol shoots nicely and with more than acceptable accuracy, which, quite frankly surprised me a little.

So, the lowers I have are their clones (whatever you want to say) of the G21, G17, G19. All were either bought 'built' or used their completion kits. All worked with Glock Uppers, the problems began when I started buying generic slides.

Years ago I bought a Brownell's RMR slide and it has been flawless. No such luck with the Remsport and LJ's slides I bought. I finally sorted them out, kinda, but they are strictly range toys. On both of them I think the magic was replacing the LW channel liners I used to put them together and replacing with Glock channel liners.

They both work okay with occasional bobbles - I've had the RSA problem you've had as well as the striker occasionally hanging up in the full back position.

I bought the LJs on ebay and that guy wasn't very helpful. Finally I just decided to put the Remsport on my dryfire pistol and use the Brownell's slide on the LW G17 clone lower. The LJs slide lives on as kind of a Roland build.

The LW G21 is deadnuts accurate and reliable with my G21 upper, love shooting it.

At the end of the day I have a G21 frame sitting unused, as well as a G19 slide. Rectifying that situation is just going to cost me more money, so I'm trying to ignore them for now.

TLDR - Brownells slides have been vetted by other folks and are GTG, thats what I'd recommend.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

User Tag List