Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: So much for revolver reliability...

Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    Could just be a bit of gunk blocking movement past the sear's slipping point.

Try a shake rattle and roll while blowing it out with some canned air where you can. Also partially pull the hammer pin like the manual states for lubrication and blow it out there, too.
    Yeah I’ll give it a detail scrub this weekend but it just feels different than previous grimy-shutdowns with other guns. Subjective and the LCR is different engineering, I know.

Hopefully it’ll turn out better than the scolding Ruger gave me after repairing my SP101: “no high round count classes for you!”
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post

Hopefully it’ll turn out better than the scolding Ruger gave me after repairing my SP101: “no high round count classes for you!”
    Wait… can you flesh this one out a bit more?
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I caught-up in the reading of this thread yesterday and today the lottery pulled my number. My beloved LCR22 started acting up today during dry fire. Cylinder rotates but trigger hits a hard wall and the hammer won’t drop.

This one has about 1300 rounds, lots of dry fire, and has been problem free.

I know jack about LCRs so I’m guessing it’ll be off to the factory.
    Check out Ruger LCR? (Post 802) for an issue I didn't even know existed with the LCR22.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Wait… can you flesh this one out a bit more?
    Nothing too dramatic and I think I just caught the guy on the phone before his first cup of coffee.

About 70ish rounds into a class, trigger felt really sloggy with some crunchy feedback. Broken hammer strut and cracked the recoil plate pin and there was mention of a poorly machined recoil plate.

So not “high round count” by any means, plus I was shooting 158gr .38s. I had bought it lightly used so I suspect the base issues were congenital.

The whole process was simple and pain free, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    Check out Ruger LCR? (Post 802) for an issue I didn't even know existed with the LCR22.
    Thank you. I do that every month or so since I do dry fire quite a bit.

I caught-up in the reading of this thread yesterday and today the lottery pulled my number. My beloved LCR22 started acting up today during dry fire. Cylinder rotates but trigger hits a hard wall and the hammer won’t drop.

This one has about 1300 rounds, lots of dry fire, and has been problem free.

I know jack about LCRs so I’m guessing it’ll be off to the factory.
    Follow up time.

Didn’t do a full take-apart due to time, place, and tools, but gave it a good cleaning. Messing around afterwards, I noticed the gun functioned as designed if it was held upside down or pointed straight up.

Or so I thought. Because after cycling a few times I went to open the cylinder and it was struggling. Then I noticed the firing pin was still “out” and appeared a little more “out” than usual. So pushed the cylinder back in the millimeter or so required. Held it upside down and, while the cycle of operations seemed good, the firing pin never articulated. Holding the LCR as normal, the original issue still presented itself.

So I think a cup of coffee and a call to Ruger is in order.

Name:  4 inch Stock.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  37.6 KB
    Tried shooting my 617 the other morning and couldn't get it to fire. The cylinder wouldn't turn for some reason so checked everything out that I could. The last thing I thought about was a broken firing pin. It's happened before. No luck. That would have been an easy fix because I learned my lesson and always keep an extra in my bag.

This time I'm stumped. It's very difficult to close the cylinder and if I do get it to close it locks up when firing to the point that the hammer will only go back about an eighth of an inch and no matter how hard I pull the trigger nothing moves.

I finally called Smith & Wesson and was told to send it back in. It's got a lifetime warranty. The customer service rep was nice enough to send me a FedEx label so I printed it up, boxed up the gun and had them come to my door to pick it up. Easiest transfer I've ever had to do.

It's Christmas time so I expect it to be delayed, they close the factory for a week.

Do they have gas rings? Sounds similar to the issue I had with my m19.
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

User Tag List