Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Get a Grip: How to Select a Handgun by “Size”

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Explains why my 7.5 hand has always loved double stacked Glocks.

Mine is only a 7 3/4 and after shooting my G19.5 vs my P365XL WC frame yesterday, the Gen 4 and 5 Glocks with no backstraps work the best for me.

At Shot Show, the Stacatto C2 fit my hand better than the 2024 Stacatto C or CS. When I move to a free state, I think if I want gear that I can shoot more efficiently than a DS Glock that will fit me well it'll probably be a Stacatto C2.

@RJ thank you for that chart, I did not read the full post but was the Palm to finger ratio factored in? I have bigger palms and shorter fingers where someone else migh have a smaller palm and longer fingers which could have them favor a different option over me with the same "sized" hands.

Maybe I'm wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Hands View Post

@RJ thank you for that chart, I did not read the full post but was the Palm to finger ratio factored in? I have bigger palms and shorter fingers where someone else migh have a smaller palm and longer fingers which could have them favor a different option over me with the same "sized" hands.

Maybe I'm wrong?
    Sorry, no. The chart is just a stab in the dark for new folks to apply to handgun fit, kinda sorta.

There's a lot of subtle differences in finger / hand dimensions, and despite me being all about the numbers, even I think it would just get too squirrelly to work out.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Sorry, no. The chart is just a stab in the dark for new folks to apply to handgun fit, kinda sorta.

There's a lot of subtle differences in finger / hand dimensions, and despite me being all about the numbers, even I think it would just get too squirrelly to work out.

It’s extremely helpful, thank you for posting this information.

A few thoughts:

@Surf hasn't been on the forum for a while, and his excellent video on trigger mechanics isn't available anymore. My takeaway from his material is that you want to be able to pull the trigger straight back, with the 2nd joint at ~90deg when the sear breaks. It doesn't matter where on your finger you touch the trigger. Grip fit enters into it because you don't want such a large grip that your trigger finger hits the frame as you press.

Ben Stoeger and many other top trainers recommend the largest grip that still allows a good trigger press.

And I've observed that a lot of people don't stretch the web of the strong hand enough. When the master grip is high and tight, the hand is effectively larger.

All of this has led me to much larger grips than I used to think fit me.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List