Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who do we like for Drop leg holsters - USP 45

I would go with an HPG chest rig.

This is what I did.

Went with a Recon, with the Molle attachments on the front. Then used those to attach an M4 double mag pouch. As the pic shows, I put the pistol in a mag pouch. When doing anything like going through difficult terrain, I can simply put the flap over the pistol for added retention, but most the time the flap is folded out of the way. On the other side I have a couple of 10 speed pouches where I keep a spare mag and/or cell phone, or whatever my needs may be.

When I get to an area where I want to be more discrete about being armed, I simply put the pistol into the main compartment and it is out of view.

In the above pic I am running my G22.3, but a USP as well as a G21 fits in the pouch as well.

That's pretty clever Lost River. I have and use a recon pack as well but have been carrying inside the main compartment. Not the fastest draw but not bad. I ended up going with a quality nylon cross draw holster from Craft Holsters. Not certain it will replace my recon pack as "The" solution but for a rigid Nylon and the money very well made and great fit and finish. I think they are more known for their leather options.

If you have a gun belt you are using you can take a look at the true north modular holster adapter. I use one to get the holster low enough to clear an external vest and it’s stiff enough I don’t need a leg strap. If you do, they make an extension to add a leg strap lower. I’ve also seen pictures of people just running the leg strap between the holster body and the hanger.

https://truenorth-usa.com/product-ca...nd-leg-straps/

Jason

User Tag List