Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ Shadow 2 Compact

USPSA Carry Optics 2026

@Clusterfrack

You guys are obviously behind the curve!

When heavy guns get moved to USPSA LO and they limit CO to 35 oz… they’re going to look like geniuses!

But looking at the bright side…

I wonder if this slide would fit on an S2…

If so, I would do a compensated S2 compact slide on a regular Shadow 2 to make weight in IDPA CO.

Not sure but I wonder if this pistol has an omega trigger? If so a double action upgrade would probably be doable. The lack of a firing pin block is a real downer for a carry piece however.
    “Safety is nice, but it’s not first. Life is first and it’s not safe.”— Jeff Cooper

Add me to the crew of folks that would have prefered an optics ready P01. Or P07. Or almost anything else "compact" that's drop safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Probably coffee related.

Do you mean thumb check the hammer on holstering? I do this every time i holster my Shadow2s. Still not seeing the problem.
    Not just thumb check. When I was living the HK life, I was holstering my guns by pushing on hammer. With CZs or anything with beavertail all I can manage is a lateral or tangential contact. Applying a positive pressure straight down is something I cannot do.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Not just thumb check. When I was living the HK life, I was holstering my guns by pushing on hammer. With CZs or anything with beavertail all I can manage is a lateral or tangential contact. Applying a positive pressure straight down is something I cannot do.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I think what YVK is saying if you compare thumb contact on the P07 here - vs Shadow 2 below - the beavertail means he cannot apply the same positive downward pressure without looping the thumb around to the side of the beavertail. He ends up just touching the edge of the hammer, going over the beavertail. Which, if the images don't deceive me is, I think what you've got going on here, where in the P07 you have good firm hammer contact, on the Shadow2 it isn't as firm.

Personal thoughts on this one - I'm happy with my thumb on the hammer of a DA gun, even lightly, to be able to detect hammer movement. For me, the action is not about stopping trigger movement, it's about detecting it (think 'Gadget').

On 1911s, HPs, any cocked and locked pistol I like to loop over and put my thumb between the hammer face and firing pin. This way any movement of the hammer is stopped by my thumb. I don't like to go over the top on 1911s in particular, because those with bigger beavertails you can inadvertently apply backwards pressure on the hammer and deactivate the grip safety. In those instances, only the thumb safety and your thumb on hammer is in play. Which, as far as I am concerned, sort of defeats the purpose of the multiple safeties of a 1911 (whether they are necessary is another can of worms).

I will try one, but man where is an updated P10m, or P07/09 refresh with factory optic, maybe trimmed down some! I don’t know what this means, but the S2 compact apparently passed the california drop test?

All they needed to do was release optics-ready versions of the guns they already make and it would have been a homerun. This...is barely a bunt IMO.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RennBaer View Post
    All they needed to do was release optics-ready versions of the guns they already make and it would have been a homerun. This...is barely a bunt IMO.
    This is more of a foul ball haha

I was not super excited when this was announced as the new CZ pistol we have all been waiting on. As others have stated, a refreshed P07/P09 wpuld have floated my bot for sure. I see lots on comments about no firing pin block on this gun, but from what I see it does have one. In the video below he taked the slide off and does a quick look at the frame internals.

Last edited by claymore504; 08-21-2023 at 03:13 PM.

User Tag List