Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ Shadow 2 Compact

All they needed to do was to give the P-01 that optic plate and trim down its beavertail. But I understand, it is much more entertaining to field questions about how 2 lbs dry weight, no fps, manual decock only gun with a beavertail that makes it very hard to trap hammer in a decocked position is a carry worthy gun.
    Making it SAO and marketing it to 1911 crowd would've made more sense to me.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Yeah, this makes no practical sense to me.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Unless this a niche competition gun for like IDPA CCP, the lack of firing pin block and decocker really make it a head scratcher.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Isn't that what the DWX Compact accomplishes?

All they needed to do was to give the P-01 that optic plate and trim down its beavertail. But I understand, it is much more entertaining to field questions about how 2 lbs dry weight, no fps, manual decock only gun with a beavertail that makes it very hard to trap hammer in a decocked position is a carry worthy gun.
    Now that I've had a cup of coffee, an aluminum frame S2 compact is still just as baffling.

How does the beavertail make that difficult to decock? I don't find it difficult at all to decock a Shadow2--all the way or to the decock notch. But I would not choose one for carry.

This is so absurd I can't come up with a good joke for it.

Is CZ's hero Vincent Van Gogh? It's like they only hear the market with one ear and then make something that has the impression of what the market wants.

We wanted optics ready P-01. They gave us...this.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Now that I've had a cup of coffee, an aluminum frame S2 compact is still just as baffling.
    I've had three cups this morning. I am not sure coffee is the problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Now that I've had a cup of coffee....

How does the beavertail make that difficult to decock? I don't find it difficult at all to decock a Shadow2--all the way or to the decock notch. But I would not choose one for carry.
    Methinks you need some stronger coffee .

I said "hard to trap in a decocked position". Meaning securing hammer's position by applying pressure with a thumb during admin handling after it has been decocked. Metal CZs are terrible that way because you can't reach over the beavertail and have to figure how reach from the side. I can't do it well, or at all.
    HKs and classic SIGs are the examples of correct ergos to allow that.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Hell. I still want a updated p07 with p10 ergos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Methinks you need some stronger coffee .

I said "hard to trap in a decocked position". Meaning securing hammer's position by applying pressure with a thumb during admin handling after it has been decocked. Metal CZs are terrible that way because you can't reach over the beavertail and have to figure how reach from the side. I can't do it well, or at all.
    HKs and classic SIGs are the examples of correct ergos to allow that.
    Probably coffee related.

Do you mean thumb check the hammer on holstering? I do this every time i holster my Shadow2s. Still not seeing the problem.

User Tag List