Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: CZ Shadow 2 Compact

If it had a FP block and a decocker, I’d probably already own one. Or two.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Not that you need an excuse to buy a new gun but what niche do you see for this? I bought one, and haven't been able to figure out what to do with it yet.
    I don't really see one. It makes absolutely no sense for me, which might be why I want it even more.

I don't own a single CZ. I've resisted the urge to buy a Shadow 2 for the last few years. I shot my buddy's A01-LD last summer (he's a major CZ fanboy) for a bit and haven't gotten it out of my head since then. I just don't want a super heavy large gun, but if the S2C shoots even a smidge as good and is that much lighter and smaller I think I'm all in.

Having carried 1911's and HP's without a FP block for years that doesn't really bother me. Change the firing pin spring and firing pin retaining pin at frequent intervals and don't install an extended firing pin.

The gun has a manual safety. I'm somewhat amused by folks that carry modified striker guns with super light triggers (especially the P320 with no trigger safety) complaining the CZ is unsafe.

I'm not saying I would ever carry one, but I really do want one.

...and I'd been kicking around a CGW PCR before the S2C came out.

A totally factory gun component gun is appealing though and per my friend the traditional lockwork guns have better triggers than the later deocker and FPB guns anyway.

Yeah, I think there are a bunch of us waiting for the S2C, but my local dealer has not seen any in stock from his distributor in months. I’m not sure what the delay is, but when inventory arrives, I’m betting there will be plenty of demand.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

User Tag List