Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: B&T Suppressors?

Minor update, finally got the approval. Gonna see if I can pick it up tomorrow. Probably going to be a week or so before I get a chance to try it out but I've waited this long, so not huge burden.

Surreal day at the LGS

Got suppressor in hand. Looks good, locks up tight to both the NATO flash suppressor that came with it, and both my Colt uppers A2s.
    Gonna drop by a local gunsmith and get all the guns it's gonna be used on checked out for bore alignment and muzzle device security before any shooting is done.
    Pick up would have been no hassle, except I had to fight through the film crew that was using my LGS as a set.
    I am actually shocked they were still open.
    If I had a nickel for every time I had to fight through a film crew to get where I was going, I'd have 2 nickels. Which isn't a lot but it's weird it's happened twice.
    I ain't exactly in downtown LA out here.

Well, had the B&T flash hider it came with mounted on my Ruger .308 by the gunsmith, had the ARs checked for alignment too, all passed.
    Today took it out, shot a few rounds through both.
    First impression, it's okay. Wasn't expecting Hollywood quiet, and didn't get it. But, it definitely was much more pleasant than a bare muzzle on an 18in .308.
    On the Colt 6920 I was much more impressed. Only shot 20 rounds, but didn't notice any excessive gas in the face, gun didn't feel overgassed(gun is entirely stock) and it moderated the blast and noise far more noticeably than it seemed for the 308.

I'm now pondering a .300 Blackout upper with subsonics to really take advantage of the possibilities....

User Tag List