Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: B&T Suppressors?

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    It's your money brother.

They publish their testing protocol. I have no real reason to believe they're flubbing the testing protocol to weight the results in their favor. Stranger things have happened. Caveat Emptor I suppose.

With the full understanding that the B&T suppressors are 'older' tech, and thus probably aren't as efficient as newer ones out there, it had the features I was looking for, a price that I was comfortable with. It's primarily gonna live on a bolt action .308, occasionally on my ARs.
    I'm primarily looking for something that makes shooting at my back field range less obnoxious for myself and the neighbors, and to moderate hearing loss for hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by MandoWookie View Post
    I don't know nothing from nothing, but I am hesitant to trust a test by a company about a competitors product.
    Especially a company like Griffin whose sole claim to fame is ripping off other manufacturers’ designs.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Especially a company like Griffin whose sole claim to fame is ripping off other manufacturers’ designs.
    Like I said, I don't know nothing about nothing. A 6 minute video comparison doesn't tell me much.
    My attempt to research about different suppressors leads me to a lot of forums that seem to devolve into everyone throwing numbers at each other, with no one able to agree on how they got the numbers, where they got the numbers, or even what the numbers even mean, just that their numbers prove their can is the best.

There also seems to me to be a lot of drama in the suppressor market, why, I do not know.

Also apparently the new hotness is the flow thru cans, that I also recall a couple of years ago was mocked as being a gimmick, but now is what every company is making it seems.

And most discussions I have seen online either doesn't distinguish between B&Ts flow thru and conventional cans, or focuses entirely on the flow thru.

Quote Originally Posted by MandoWookie View Post
    Like I said, I don't know nothing about nothing. A 6 minute video comparison doesn't tell me much.
    My attempt to research about different suppressors leads me to a lot of forums that seem to devolve into everyone throwing numbers at each other, with no one able to agree on how they got the numbers, where they got the numbers, or even what the numbers even mean, just that their numbers prove their can is the best.

There also seems to me to be a lot of drama in the suppressor market, why, I do not know.

Also apparently the new hotness is the flow thru cans, that I also recall a couple of years ago was mocked as being a gimmick, but now is what every company is making it seems.

And most discussions I have seen online either doesn't distinguish between B&Ts flow thru and conventional cans, or focuses entirely on the flow thru.
    As a stamp collector with several cans I can say that the sound performance and perception is challenging at best to quantify. Even measuring the decibels is different for the shooter than for someone beside the rifle. Ambient air makes a difference. Ammo type makes a difference. Barrel length makes a difference. And with rifles it’s even harder because most of it is supersonic.

Flow through cans do appear to be the future. They are better for the shooter in terms of health and distraction. They are better for the gun in terms of reliability and longevity of parts. But I suspect they are louder at the muzzle than traditional designs.

My comment about Griffin was based on their widely known behavior which shows a lack of integrity. I would not be even a little surprised if they were using reduced power hand loads for their can and full power for competitor cans. The best way to get a feel for which can you like is to try them. Some businesses like Capitol Armory will host events where you can try before you buy. But even then it’s possible to buy a can and have a better design come out on the market before yours has been released from NFA jail. Cans are a fun and frustrating way to spend money.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    But even then itÂ’s possible to buy a can and have a better design come out on the market before yours has been released from NFA jail. Cans are a fun and frustrating way to spend money.
    That's why I wasn't too concerned about the Rotex-X being 'old tech'. It uses NATO muzzle device attachment so I'm not locked into a proprietary mounting system for my first can, it's the only one on the market I can see that has that option for a 7.62 can, I didn't want direct thread as I did want to be able to use it on my ARs.
    The price not being terrible didn't hurt.
    I want a suppressor to moderate the blast down to a level I don't need to double up hearing protection when firing rifles, and to preserve some of it when hunting.

Undoubtedly if I will likely get more cans down the road if this one works out, probably a .22 can next.

How is their relationship with the customer after purchase? I ask simply because it’s proven to be relevant a time or two over the short time I’ve owned and used my own own suppressors. The suppressor sub-industry is, as a general rule, an absolute shit show of inflated claims, bullshit marketing, and flat out lies. And everyone makes a profit eve of shit product once in awhile.

How does one go about unfuxking a problem NFA item when the manufacturer is outside the U.S., and export of such an item is in violation of ITAR?

Everyone got their reasons for buying what they buy, but if price is the driving factor, you’re gonna find yourself paying a lot of money for what is likely to amount to unimpressive performance.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

As far as European suppressor manufacturers are concerned, what really interests me, is how Ase Utra's cans stack up against Surefire & Co.
    They are THE cans used by European police & military forces.

Quote Originally Posted by Odin Bravo One View Post
    How is their relationship with the customer after purchase? I ask simply because it’s proven to be relevant a time or two over the short time I’ve owned and used my own own suppressors. The suppressor sub-industry is, as a general rule, an absolute shit show of inflated claims, bullshit marketing, and flat out lies. And everyone makes a profit eve of shit product once in awhile.

How does one go about unfuxking a problem NFA item when the manufacturer is outside the U.S., and export of such an item is in violation of ITAR?

Everyone got their reasons for buying what they buy, but if price is the driving factor, you’re gonna find yourself paying a lot of money for what is likely to amount to unimpressive performance.
    My understanding is that any B&T suppressor you can purchase in the USA is actually manufactured domestically in their Tampa, FL facility. They aren’t imported because that’s a huge legal hassle.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Yea, hopefully they do…….

I tend to let other folks beta test that sorta thing for me though. Especially when dropping a few hundred dollars and jumping through hoops.

Best wishes and enjoy your new gear!
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Odin Bravo One View Post
    Yea, hopefully they do…….

I tend to let other folks beta test that sorta thing for me though. Especially when dropping a few hundred dollars and jumping through hoops.

Best wishes and enjoy your new gear!
    Well, shop had it in. An unexpected bonus, it came with a A2 NATO 7.62 flash hider, so I shouldn't have to worry about muzzle device compatibility with whatever 'A2' I otherwise would have had to buy.
    Now it's just waiting until it's out of jail and see how it works out.

User Tag List