Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43 in 2023

If I remember correctly I bought mine way back in the day when it was either this or the Shield. This won out because I wanted the smallest and lightest weight pistol available and the familiarity with the Glock platform didn't hurt it.

Purpose: 1) NPE or I don't want to even worry about the slightest possibility of printing, 2) when I wanted the smallest and lightest possible carry package for either comfort or concealment reasons, 3) potential ankle or pocket carry.

Holsters: Raven Perun - perfect for suit carry with no worry about printing. JMCK AIWB - I ordered the G17 length and Tony called me to confirm as I was in the 1% minority who didn't just go with the 48/19 length. I changed my order on his rec and I am not sure how I like it. I think I would prefer g17 length to allow less tipping over the beltline. I sometimes flex it into an iwb 3 o'clock position and it seems to work fine. I also tossed it into a Galco ankle lite (for my g26) and it worked fine with the thumb strap. Much more comfortable than the G26 - however, I don't like ankle carry anymore due to concealment concerns. I also sometimes pocket carry as it fits perfectly in a Orvis/Barbour style front patch pocket in the fall.

Sights: Ameriglo GL-393R (yellow tritium rear) and GL-112T Green tritium front (.125 wide). I love this sight setup more than any other setup on my Glock pistols. Narrow front width combined with the narrow rear notch is amazing. I haven't looked at ameriglos in awhile but if I remember correctly the pro operator and operator rears had a considerably wider notch.

Ammo: 147 HST

Overall: I love the comfort and concealability of the gun. I don't love how it shoots and I added a hogue grip to it. I get a much better grip on the gun and it's more comfortable to shoot. I am flirting with the idea of bringing the G26 out of retirement or getting a G48 for more capacity and better shootability. For AIWB/IWB - the slimmer slide is wonderful below the beltline despite that the hogue grip brings it to approx g26 width at the grip.

I don't know what my weight threshold is for not feeling like I am wearing a gun but this falls under it while the Glock 26 falls over it. If the G48/43x falls under it, I would consider swapping it out but haven't shot those pistols. A lot of people talk about concealability with these small 9mms but weight is a concern too and this checks the boxes for that. There is a part of me that wants a P365 for more rounds but I honestly don't think I want an even smaller gun than the g43 for shootability purposes. If I needed the a backup ankle gun - maybe.
    Last edited by Cool Breeze; 08-16-2023 at 10:49 PM.

I really enjoy shooting my G43 in GSSF Pocket Glock with the best cheap fiber optic front, black rear sight set from Ameriglow. If it wasn't for already owning a Kahr PM9 I'd consider carrying it CCW in a pocket holster or as a back-up.
    A71593

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    I have and frequently use a 43. It has Ameriglo CAP sights, some bicycle inner tube on the grip, and SCD, and Taran +1 extension.

The +1 is just enough meat for that extra finger and so far hasn't malfunctioned. The inner tube is just enough girth and grip to keep the gun from squirming too much under recoil.

It's easy to make good hits, it's hard to shoot fast.

I like the gun a lot. I carry it in a JM Custom AIWB 2.5 with DCC monoblock. Super slim, light weight. Great for summer shorts and t shirts. Also slim enough I can fasten a pack belt over it and not be uncomfortable.
    Curious as to what length holster is your aiwb 2.5?

My G43 is my deep concealment/NPE gun in a phlster enigma.

10-8 sights
    Vickers Slide stop
    SCD

For all other needs I go to my G19 in a Tenicor Velo.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    If I remember correctly I bought mine way back in the day when it was either this or the Shield. This won out because I wanted the smallest and lightest weight pistol available and the familiarity with the Glock platform didn't hurt it.

Purpose: 1) NPE or I don't want to even worry about the slightest possibility of printing, 2) when I wanted the smallest and lightest possible carry package for either comfort or concealment reasons, 3) potential ankle or pocket carry.

Holsters: Raven Perun - perfect for suit carry with no worry about printing. JMCK AIWB - I ordered the G17 length and Tony called me to confirm as I was in the 1% minority who didn't just go with the 48/19 length. I changed my order on his rec and I am not sure how I like it. I think I would prefer g17 length to allow less tipping over the beltline. I sometimes flex it into an iwb 3 o'clock position and it seems to work fine. I also tossed it into a Galco ankle lite (for my g26) and it worked fine with the thumb strap. Much more comfortable than the G26 - however, I don't like ankle carry anymore due to concealment concerns. I also sometimes pocket carry as it fits perfectly in a Orvis/Barbour style front patch pocket in the fall.

Sights: Ameriglo GL-393R (yellow tritium rear) and GL-112T Green tritium front (.125 wide). I love this sight setup more than any other setup on my Glock pistols. Narrow front width combined with the narrow rear notch is amazing. I haven't looked at ameriglos in awhile but if I remember correctly the pro operator and operator rears had a considerably wider notch.

Ammo: 147 HST

Overall: I love the comfort and concealability of the gun. I don't love how it shoots and I added a hogue grip to it. I get a much better grip on the gun and it's more comfortable to shoot. I am flirting with the idea of bringing the G26 out of retirement or getting a G48 for more capacity and better shootability. For AIWB/IWB - the slimmer slide is wonderful below the beltline despite that the hogue grip brings it to approx g26 width at the grip.

I don't know what my weight threshold is for not feeling like I am wearing a gun but this falls under it while the Glock 26 falls over it. If the G48/43x falls under it, I would consider swapping it out but haven't shot those pistols. A lot of people talk about concealability with these small 9mms but weight is a concern too and this checks the boxes for that. There is a part of me that wants a P365 for more rounds but I honestly don't think I want an even smaller gun than the g43 for shootability purposes. If I needed the a backup ankle gun - maybe.
    I examined both the G43 and P365 at the 2019 NRA annual meeting, and had the impression that the P365 is slightly bigger, and slightly wider in the grip. That may not be the case on paper, but it certainly seemed that way in person. Obviously the booths were separate so I did not have the guns next to each other.

Hopefully this link works:

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/...sig-sauer-p365

As the view from the rear shows, the width dimension is skewed by a slight projection from the grip of the Glock. The grips and slides are otherwise very close in width. The G43 is longer and the P365 is slightly higher. The biggest difference is in length, the least critical dimension for concealment.
    Last edited by BillSWPA; 08-16-2023 at 11:11 PM.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Suggs View Post
    The 43 replaced my J frames
    This really summarizes it for me. My S&W 642 did exactly what a J frame should. It could be carried with attire that would make a larger gun stand out. It could be placed in a pocket when that made sense. It could be a second gun when that made sense.

I was just never happy with my groups shooting my 642.

I shoot the Glock 43 dramatically better and it conceals almost (but not quite) as easily as a J Frame. The biggest deficiency I find is pocket carry, while doable, prints with an unmistakable "gun in the pocket" profile.

Another plus is I find Glocks pretty simple to troubleshoot and maintain.

Sights are Ameriglos. It's a semi-custom setup with front and rear ordered individually. I bought some of their cheaper blade fronts and did some testing. When I found the height that matched my ammo, I ordered a night sight with orange ring in that size.

I load it with the same 124 grain +P Gold Dots I use with my 19 and 17. I know many experts recommend 147 grain for the smaller guns. I've just found the 124 grain +P to be reliable and accurate. It's also pretty close to my bulk-purchase 115 grain practice ammo for POI/POA.

I usually carry it in a JMCK hip holster with spring clip. Since it's my "whatever pants I'm wearing" gun, this works. I have an Enigma and a homemade AIWB "simplified Enigma" setup for tucked-in carry. I also have a couple of AHolster pocket holsters and a Galco ankle holster for options.
    Last edited by Edster; 08-16-2023 at 11:47 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Edster View Post
    This really summarizes it for me. My S&W 642 did exactly what a J frame should. It could be carried with attire that would make a larger gun stand out. It could be placed in a pocket when that made sense. It could be a second gun when that made sense.

I was just never happy with my groups shooting my 642.

I shoot the Glock 43 dramatically better and it conceals almost (but not quite) as easily as a J Frame. The biggest deficiency I find is pocket carry, while doable, prints with an unmistakable "gun in the pocket" profile.

Another plus is I find Glocks pretty simple to troubleshoot and maintain.
    Try a Pocket Concealment Systems Tomahawk. Hopefully this link takes you there, but it may just go to the main site.

https://www.pcsholsters.com/products/tomahawk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    Curious as to what length holster is your aiwb 2.5?
    My order receipt from JMCK:
    AIWB Wing Claw 2.5 Holster for Glock, Nomad & Poly 80
    Pistol: Glock 48/43X/43
    Belt Loops: 1.5" DCC Monoblock
    Carry Side: Right
    Color: Black
    Guard: Full
    Hole Pattern: Normal (works with all our belt loops)
    Angular Muzzle Pad: None

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I examined both the G43 and P365 at the 2019 NRA annual meeting, and had the impression that the P365 is slightly bigger, and slightly wider in the grip. That may not be the case on paper, but it certainly seemed that way in person. Obviously the booths were separate so I did not have the guns next to each other.

Hopefully this link works:

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/...sig-sauer-p365

As the view from the rear shows, the width dimension is skewed by a slight projection from the grip of the Glock. The grips and slides are otherwise very close in width. The G43 is longer and the P365 is slightly higher. The biggest difference is in length, the least critical dimension for concealment.
    I was always of the impression that the g43 had more real estate measured from the front backstrap to the back backstrap (not necessarily width wise). I **think** you can see that on the website you provided by seeing where the hump on the g43 is compared the the 365 grip. I could be mistaken. You could also add a grip sleeve to get even more more mass as well to make it a moot point. Either way, if I remember correctly I have always read that the 365 is "snappier" than the g43 and for my purposes I am not sure the extra rounds would be worth that trade off. My purposes are to have the G43 be my only gun on me in certain situations. If I were carrying 2 guns on me, I might not care so much. I would probably just want the smallest and lightest thing possible given the overwhelming amount of odds that I would never have to even use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    I'm in the camp that thinks the G42 is a better gun than the G43 for a tiny gun unless you absolutely need the gun to be a 9mm, tiny, and a Glock.

My dad carries a G43, and I have a G42, G48, and G45.

Both the 43 and 42 feel much easier to be accurate with than a lot of other very small guns I've shot, but the 43 is very snappy compared to the 42 or a 43X/48 IMO.

A P365XL sized, metal mag Glock, slightly smaller than a G43X/G48, with 10 plus rounds and an SCD, would be ideal "everyman" carry gun, IMO. Everyone wants to make a 43 or 365 a pinch bigger, and the 43X/48 are just a pinch long in the grip, especially with factory 10 round mags.

I'm currently experimenting with the PSA 15 round mags, which really change (mentally) the 43X/48 into the "slim full size" 365 X Macro type gun they are, size wize. At 10 rounds, I still pick a 48/43X over other slim guns due to the SCD and Glock-Ness, but it's hard not to be jealous of the size:capacity ratio of the 365 line, even if that's not always critical in CCW use.

Attachment 108454

20 yards

I agree here. I prefer the G42 to the G43 in terms of size and form. I think the grip being a little long front to back makes it slightly less comfortable for me. I'd rather take the lighter gun if I'm already making concessions.

This is going a bit off topic here, but I think the P365x is in a whole different class in terms of capacity and shoot ability for its size. I consider a 365x to be 85% of a Glock 19 whereas the 43 is more like 60%.
    If you're not going to learn to use the front sight properly, don't bother with it. If pointing the gun, screaming "Ahhhhh!" and cranking on the trigger is all you can learn to do, work on doing that safely. -ToddG

User Tag List