Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43 in 2023

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I was just joking in an offline "girlfriends chat" with some other forum members how almost everyone's first question is "Does it have the breech face cut!?".

Yes sir, this is a new blue label gun. Has the breech face cut and 02 mags.
    OK, now you’re just flexing on your forum buddies.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I have been thinking about buying a 43 lately... and ditching my J-frame. Not sure what will happen there, but its good to know that they started the breech face cuts on the 43 now too. IMHO it makes enough of a difference in function with my other Glocks (19's, 34's, 26's) that I will probably seek out a new fresh production 43, vs snagging a "deal" on a used one after reading the latest posts.

Flex away!... some of us are taking notes.

Quote Originally Posted by msstate56 View Post
    With so many options available (i.e. P365, Shield Plus) that are 10+ in the same package, what is the appeal of sticking with a G43 with 6?
    I am issued a Glock 26 and Glock 19, of which the latter accounts for 90%+ of my concealed carry. While I have adapted well to the Glock after we switched from the SIG P229 in 2018, I cannot change platforms as well on the fly as some people here claim to.

So, I would like to stay inside the Glock family.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I am issued a Glock 26 and Glock 19, of which the latter accounts for 90%+ of my concealed carry. While I have adapted well to the Glock after we switched from the SIG P229 in 2018, I cannot change platforms as well on the fly as some people here claim to.

So, I would like to stay inside the Glock family.
    Seems reasonable. When my duty pistol was a G19, then a G45- sticking with the G43 made sense. We are no longer a Glock duty pistol agency, so I’m no longer married to Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by msstate56 View Post
    With so many options available (i.e. P365, Shield Plus) that are 10+ in the same package, what is the appeal of sticking with a G43 with 6?

My experience with the G43 is mostly negative. I’ve seen a sample size of 36 that can rarely make it through a 25!!! Round BUG course without watching lots of malfunctions (mostly failure to feed) with 124+P HST. These are “old guns” circa 2017. I hope the new guns work. But we will not be purchasing any more G43s.
    I traded into a G43 before the P365 came out. Recently picked op a 365 but the 43 is still just a bit smaller. I'm not sure it's enough to matter for me but I'll hang on to the 43 for the time being.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

I did a lot of testing when I got my G 43. Only issue I had was when using a very popular plus one extension. I opted for the factory magazine with Gee plate baseplate, which gives me a very solid grip, better than extended base plates. Recently, I converted to the Shield arms 9 round magazine and mag catch. My testing has been well so far.

I’m going to watch the video above. I chopped 43X with Shield Arms magazines seemed like an obvious direction and am happy to see they are going that route.

Controversial opinion: grip is the most under-developed facet in most handgun shooters. “Sights and trigger.” Yeah, I get it and mostly agree, but that only gets you so far. You want to develop consistency for distance, speed? Work on your grip. When you do, you’ll find that for your primary hand, all you really need other than trigger finger is middle finger and thumb web, and that pinky causes more problems than it solves.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

My former agency purchased 4 G43s for administrators in the 2017-2018 time frame and had approximately 10 others private purchased for off-duty and backup use. None of them had issues with our issue Hornady 135 grain 9mm+P or Federal 147 grain HST. None of them had the breechface cut or updated magazines. None of them were high round count guns. I think with the 43 and 42 models, tolerance stacking is a thing and with the first versions, you got one that worked or one that did not work. My experience with them is generally positive, but I know others have had real problems with them.

With the first gen guns, you were playing roulette and the luck of the draw on whether you had a reliable pistol. YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    I have been thinking about buying a 43 lately... and ditching my J-frame. Not sure what will happen there, but its good to know that they started the breech face cuts on the 43 now too. IMHO it makes enough of a difference in function with my other Glocks (19's, 34's, 26's) that I will probably seek out a new fresh production 43, vs snagging a "deal" on a used one after reading the latest posts.

Flex away!... some of us are taking notes.
    A J frame is not sexy or necessarily fun or necessarily a great tool but everybody needs one much like a pliers and a crescent wrench.

I'm going to throw a turd in the Glock punchbowl, and this is coming from someone with more Glocks than I can carry at one time. The G43 is so far behind the curve, it's an embarrassment. Just about everyone who makes a comparably sized 9mm, makes it with a double stack magazine holding 10-12 rds in a gun that is no larger than the G43. Here is my prediction. PSA is now selling their Dagger Micro. It is essentially a G43x with a 15rd magazine. I'm willing to bet actual money that PSA shows a Micro Micro at SHOT 2023. Same size as a G43, a little thicker in the grip, but like the 43x/48, no thicker than the slide. And it will have a 12 rd mag. The Dagger Micro slide and barrel work just fine on the 43 and 48. So we're talking about a gun that is at least as good as the Glock, but better because of the magazines, and it will probably sale for $350 normally, and under $300 when it's on sale. Not only that, PSA has a habit of selling their complete frames for stupid cheap prices and their blems for $49. When they start doing that, I'll happily grab a PSA Micro Micro (my name for it) and slap on my G43 slide. Or go with the whole gun and add an optic since all their Micro slides are cut for one.

User Tag List