Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43 in 2023

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Can’t speak to TC215’s agency but the FBI’s approved 43 and 43x are stock irons only and stock mags. Nothing is authorized except grip tape. They also must be after a certain serial number - so the most current model with the breech face cut, 02 mags etc.

My understanding is it took multiple attempts over several years with tweaking by Glock to get the 43 to pass the Bureau s standards. The up side of that is those tweaks are reflected in the current production 43 series. I don’t recall the MRBF but the total IIRC the total rounds was 6k vs 10k. Given the anticipated use (BUG/off duty) I don’t see an issue with that.

My own agency experience with the 43 was different and was prior to the current “rolling change” improvements. In short G43s were somehow approved but IME it was rare to see one of our G43’s complete a 50 round qual course with our duty ammo (124 +p gold dot) without at least one malfunction. Again 100% stock guns with factory mags.

When the 43x/48 came out we tested them and re-tested the 43 as a “baseline.” In short they all did so poorly not only were the 43x/48 not approved but the 43 was de-authorized going forward. Previously approved G43s were grandfathered but in my office most G43 carriers swapped them for P365s. Keep in mind this was prior to the current tweeks resulting from the FBI efforts and we were not going to change duty ammo or consider a separate (G43 only) ammo type.

IME the 43 series guns are not the equal of service sized Glocks. If you want/need that you should consider the G26.

If you do run a 43 series gun, vet it with your grip and your carry ammo. Personally I’d want 100-200 rounds without issue. It’s an investment but the 43 performance is different enough from service sized Glocks that I would not be comfortable with “10 rounds and call it good.”
    This mirrors the performance of the G43 at my agency.

Hammertime
    I have tried to love the G43 but have abandoned it and still need to get rid of a couple. Why:

1. It is just not as reliable as a double stack and it is not a hell of a lot smaller. The malfunctions I had seemed pretty random. And that is what worries me.
    2. Snappy to shoot for a new shooter.
    3. Limited capacity.
    4. Does not fit well in a pocket, does not draw well from pocket, and is too heavy for the pocket. If I have to put it on a belt, then there is no reason to not upsize to at least a G26.

My final iteration of it was for a hiking gun for when weight was really important set up with a small flashlight. It was cool but ultimately I decided on a chopped grip G19 that costs a few ounces, but is utterly reliable and carries ten rounds.

It seems they are two versions of the 43.

The first version.no breech face notch, no marksman barrel, and 01 magazines.
    These seem to be getting the negative reports. A problem pistol.

The current version with those features and 02 mags seem to get good reports.
    I know my current version 43 is a good little gun.I trust it and like it.
    Last edited by Leroy Suggs; 08-21-2023 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Suggs View Post
    It seems they are two versions of the 43.

The first version.no breech face notch, no marksman barrel, and 01 magazines.
    These seem to be getting the negative reports. A problem pistol.

The current version with those features and 02 mags seem to get good reports.
    I know my current version 43 is a good little gun.I trust it and like it.
    Mine would be the first version and an early one at that, bought new in mid 2015 with 6 mags.

It’s been nothing but reliable from day one, great shooter and very accurate for a small carry gun.

I’ve honestly never heard any issues with them, I regularly shoot my 124gr hand loads and 124+p carry ammo. Granted only 3000 rounds through mine and a sample of one, but it’s been extremely good for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Mine would be the first version and an early one at that, bought new in mid 2015 with 6 mags.

It’s been nothing but reliable from day one, great shooter and very accurate for a small carry gun.

I’ve honestly never heard any issues with them, I regularly shoot my 124gr hand loads and 124+p carry ammo. Granted only 3000 rounds through mine and a sample of one, but it’s been extremely good for me.
    @Crusader. That is good to hear.
    I had an early 43 and it was just like yours. No problems of any kind.

I had an early 43X and 48. Worked perfect just like my current gen 43X and 48 do.

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Suggs View Post
    @Crusader. That is good to hear.
    I had an early 43 and it was just like yours. No problems of any kind.

I had an early 43X and 48. Worked perfect just like my current gen 43X and 48 do.
    I also have a very early 48, original silver slide and a newer 48 MOS. There is no difference between them as far as reliability or accuracy. Both have been lights out reliable and accurate, shooting the same ammo as the 43. Should be noted that I use Shield Arms mags with them and recently got two of the PSA 15 rounders. They’ve run perfect with both, have over 7000 rounds fired between the three. No complaints what so ever with the slim line Glocks.

Damn you people.

A Blue Label G43 followed me home today. I have Ameriglos and talon grips on the way, but for the time being I'll have to roll with the poor man's Ameriglo, The @Clusterfrack Special....I.e. Testor's enamel fluorescent orange paint.

Name:  IMG_20230821_181414_01.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  29.4 KB
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Damn you people.

A Blue Label G43 followed me home today. I have Ameriglos and talon grips on the way, but for the time being I'll have to roll with the poor man's Ameriglo, The @Clusterfrack Special....I.e. Testor's enamel fluorescent orange paint.

Name:  IMG_20230821_181414_01.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  29.4 KB
    But does it have the breech cut? No flexing, if no notching.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    But does it have the breech cut? No flexing, if no notching.
    I was just joking in an offline "girlfriends chat" with some other forum members how almost everyone's first question is "Does it have the breech face cut!?".

Yes sir, this is a new blue label gun. Has the breech face cut and 02 mags.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    With so many options available (i.e. P365, Shield Plus) that are 10+ in the same package, what is the appeal of sticking with a G43 with 6?

My experience with the G43 is mostly negative. I’ve seen a sample size of 36 that can rarely make it through a 25!!! Round BUG course without watching lots of malfunctions (mostly failure to feed) with 124+P HST. These are “old guns” circa 2017. I hope the new guns work. But we will not be purchasing any more G43s.

User Tag List