Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Glock 43 in 2023

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    The LCP Max does all that as well. Holds ten rounds and draws from a pocket like butter.

I never would have thought a Ruger would become my main carry gun. But it is well designed and just enough reliable and durable. It’s not a Glock. But in this role doesn’t need to be.

Site Supporter
    **LCP Max has entered the chat...

Here's a screenshot of the LCP Max, G42, P365, and G43 from handgunhero.
    Weights: LCP Max - 10.6 oz, G42 - 13.76, P365 - 17.8, and G43 - 17.95 oz(according to handgunhero. It doesn't list a loaded weight).
    I had forgotten the LCP Max only weighs 10.6 ounces(unloaded).

--Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    The LCP Max does all that as well. Holds ten rounds and draws from a pocket like butter.
    You are the first person I've read to suggest that the LCP Max shoots similarly well to the G42. Everything I've read is "yeah, it's an LCP that holds 10 rounds", and that the G42 is a much better shooting gun.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    You are the first person I've read to suggest that the LCP Max shoots similarly well to the G42. Everything I've read is "yeah, it's an LCP that holds 10 rounds", and that the G42 is a much better shooting gun.
    I've owned two LCP Max's at this point, and still own neither. The first was a POS from the box, multiple reliability issues and minute of pie plate accuracy. The second was reliable and accurate (from the bench), but I couldn't shoot it worth a darn due to size, recoil, and a crappy trigger.

The G42 I owned was light years ahead of the Max in anything except size and capacity. If you need a 5-10 yard gun that holds a bunch of rounds, or the max capacity "gun when you can't carry a gun gun," I'd give it a conditional recommendation. But if you want a pistol you can actually shoot well, I'd give it a pass.

I know my experience is NOT mirrored by several others on the forum, so take this single data point for what it's worth.

I don't own any of the pistols under consideration anymore, though I owned and shot them all in the past. I'm running a P365MS as my shorts-pocket-carry gun right now, and very happy with it. If you wanted slightly less weight for that application, I'd look at the P365 380.

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Suggs View Post
    @rainman check that your mags are marked 02. If they are not that might be your problem.
    The early guns did have some feed problems.One of Glocks' fixes was the 02 magazine.It has a much stronger spring.
    I would get a new 02 and try it.
    All new mags being sold now are 02.
    Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    @rainman

Not sure, but Glock may exchange the old mags for new ones if you contact them. Worth a phone call or email, probably.
    Quote Originally Posted by 41magfan View Post
    There's a WARRANTY FORM you can download on the FAQ's page. They'll do a one for one exchange for the newest iteration.

https://us.glock.com/en/FAQs

Wanted to poast a quick update and note of thanks.

GI replaced my -1 magazines in a very timely manner (~1.5 weeks from when I shipped them to the mothership). I also replaced the RSA (had ~800 rounds total on the original). I had a short range session yesterday using 4 of the -2 magazines. Only 30 rounds of Norma 124 FMJ, but the results were encouraging. Firing a mix of 2-hand/strong-hand/weak-hand, I had zero malfunctions, and the gun seems to eject much more robustly- not quite in the same league as my newer G48 with the breech face cut, but way better than before. No brass came near me, whereas weak-hand was guaranteed brass-to-face with the old mags.

With gratitude to those quoted above for sharing their knowledge and experience.

-Rainman

One thing I really dig about the G43 is the ability to really "dominate" the grip on SHO shooting. Smaller grips seem easier for me SHO that the standard frames. By easier I mean to really sink the hits.

This morning I used my last 5 rounds to validate this.

An R2 and then an R3 both SHO from 7 yds.

I'd be thrilled to put all five in that dot with a 1911.Name:  IMG_3107.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  81.9 KB
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

The current 43 with the breech face notch, marksman barrel, and 02 magazines are very reliable.
    Do we have a serial or date range for when Glock incorporated these updates to the G43?

@Wonder9 I don't know. You can just look at the gun. If it has the notch it's current with all the upgrades.

User Tag List