Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 4" Shield Plus accolades, once again

We are a p365 family but if my wife could rack a shield that would have won

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuosity Student View Post
    I have heard several YouTubers rave about the triggers on these. Are they that much different than the regular 2.0’s? I know the newer models come with that flat faced trigger that looks similar. Any comparisons between the newer M&P 2.5’s (the updated trigger, slide serrations, etc.) and the Shield Plus PC trigger?

I have only dry fired the new M&Ps. I have not shot one. However, while the triggers are close, they are not EXACTLY the same as the ones in the Shield. There are some visual differences.

I also find them to be a little heavier. However, they are duty weapons for many PDs. So, I assume that is the reasons for some of the differences.

I am waiting to see some Performance Center models with the new triggers. So far, I've only seen ones with the older, hinged triggers.

If I see one with the new trigger AND fiber optic sights, I might be tempted to pic it up.

However, I am the admin at the M&P Forum. There are several people there who claim they shoot their Shield Plus pistols better than the fullsize M&Ps. So, not sure what is up with that. But, I see that come up rather frequently.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Shipwreck View Post
    I have only dry fired the new M&Ps. I have not shot one. However, while the triggers are close, they are not EXACTLY the same as the ones in the Shield. There are some visual differences.

I also find them to be a little heavier. However, they are duty weapons for many PDs. So, I assume that is the reasons for some of the differences.

I am waiting to see some Performance Center models with the new triggers. So far, I've only seen ones with the older, hinged triggers.

If I see one with the new trigger AND fiber optic sights, I might be tempted to pic it up.

However, I am the admin at the M&P Forum. There are several people there who claim they shoot their Shield Plus pistols better than the fullsize M&Ps. So, not sure what is up with that. But, I see that come up rather frequently.
    The smaller grip helps some people get a better trigger press. I like (and shoot) a full size Glock better two handed, but I shoot my G48 as good or better than the G45 one handed.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    The smaller grip helps some people get a better trigger press. I like (and shoot) a full size Glock better two handed, but I shoot my G48 as good or better than the G45 one handed.
    Because I have smaller hands, I think that is why I shoot the 4" Shield Plus so well. Finally a gun that fits me. And, not TOO thin, like the original Shield.

I've written to S&W before. I suggested more variations of the Shield Plus. As I stated above - I'd love a 5" model. Or why not even a "Metal" version of the Shield Plus. That would be cool

A 380 Shield would make more sense than their push for the 30 Super Carry round, IMHO.

As I stated above - I'd love a 5" model.
    What I think would just be awesome sauce would be the 4" gun with a grip frame that accepts the larger magazines WITHOUT the sleeve. Obviously an expensive mold for a niche product, but I am sure there just has to be dozens of people like me wanting that!!!

IME, with my old guy shape, a 4"+ slide rides much better in a IWB holster.

I have had three Shields in the past, I evolved from the .40 to 9mm to .45. The .45 was great (just a wee bit longer grip frame), but it got caught up in the purge to fund the RL-1100.

Just ordered my first Shield Plus yesterday (to get in on the free magazine rebate).

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    What I think would just be awesome sauce would be the 4" gun with a grip frame that accepts the larger magazines WITHOUT the sleeve. Obviously an expensive mold for a niche product, but I am sure there just has to be dozens of people like me wanting that!!! .
    Well, either they change out the follower to that aftermarket Mag Guts kit, or they'd have to make the grip bigger for a bigger magazine. How else could that be done?

A 380 Shield would make more sense than their push for the 30 Super Carry round, IMHO.
    I’m going to try and handle an Equalizer in the next couple of days as I start planning ahead for the fallout from chronic hand and arm issues. A .380 Equalizer would be waaay more interesting than .30SC.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

they'd have to make the grip bigger for a bigger magazine.
    That is what I meant, mold a grip frame that were flush-fit with the 13rnd magazines. This would require a specific mold, and most people are content with the sleeves, so I would not expect it to happen.

I think the interchangeable grip frame of the SIGs is a sweet concept, easily and inexpensively making it possible to mix and match length and capacity like Mr. Potatoe Head, but at this point I am pretty much all-in on the M&Ps so I stuck with the Shield.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I’m going to try and handle an Equalizer in the next couple of days as I start planning ahead for the fallout from chronic hand and arm issues. A .380 Equalizer would be waaay more interesting than .30SC.
    I've seen a lot of complaints about the grip safety.

I have held the EZ model, and I don't find the grip safety to be that comfortable. The Equalizer is a little different, but similar.

Let us know how you like the grip safety.

I've seen a lot of complaints about the grip safety.

I have held the EZ model, and I don't find the grip safety to be that comfortable. The Equalizer is a little different, but similar.

Let us know how you like the grip safety.
    Will do.

I find the Shield too thin as well. Haven't shot an EZ to know but it feels the same in the hand. I'm hoping going to a double stack changes the feel in a good way.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List