Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 4" Shield Plus accolades, once again

Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    I had two Shield Plus's but ended up dumping them. One was the 4 inch Performance Center Model and the other was the standard model. Thy were both reliable but my Performance Center's 4" inch model was just not very accurate while my standard model's accuracy was fine shooting the same range and self defense JHP ammo. The room in the trigger guards on these pistols is really small which I didn't care for and the trigger on my 4" Performance Center model was just too light for me for a self defense pistol, breaking around 3-3.25 lbs. Also, I didn't care for the 13rd mags, as I could only get 12 rds in mine after they were broken in using a loading tool. In the end, while the Shield Plus pistols are not bad pistols they are just not for me.
    Sorry you didn't find it accurate. I am amazed at the accuracy of my 4" model. I shoot it better than any other factory guns I own, and equal to my Glock Combat Master - which has a 2lb 11oz trigger.

I have small hands, so the trigger guard works fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shipwreck View Post
    I've seen a lot of complaints about the grip safety.

I have held the EZ model, and I don't find the grip safety to be that comfortable. The Equalizer is a little different, but similar.

Let us know how you like the grip safety.
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Will do.

I find the Shield too thin as well. Haven't shot an EZ to know but it feels the same in the hand. I'm hoping going to a double stack changes the feel in a good way.
    I handled an Equalizer this afternoon and no joy. I didn't find the grip safety objectionable but I didn't really find the grip itself to be "wider enough" to feel much different than my Shield 1.0. The search continues...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I handled an Equalizer this afternoon and no joy. I didn't find the grip safety objectionable but I didn't really find the grip itself to be "wider enough" to feel much different than my Shield 1.0. The search continues...

I perosnally find a Shield Plus just "wider enough" than a Shield 1.0/2.0 to feel pretty good.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    For M&P fan boys, like us!
    Seriously. I’m not a complicated man.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

User Tag List