Thread: Sig trained armorers, older breech block roll pin question

Sig trained armorers, older breech block roll pin question

I am trying to be diligent about maintenance and replace the breech block roll pins on some of my older folded steel slides as you are supposed to.

But every one I own has the old two pin system and those replacement pins have become very difficult to find, out of production it appears.

Are the new coil style pins from Sig the right answer for this or should I relentlessly hunt down sets of the older inner/outer pin sets for some reason?

I bought some of the new solid pins only to learn they are not the correct size for this are they are apparently only sized for the stainless steel slides as firing pin retaining pins?

Also, on the newer stainless one piece slides, is there any reason to worry about periodic replacement of that pin which is a firing pin retaining pin.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

I think you're stuck using the old two-part pins. Sig was infamous about consistency of the one-piece roll pin diameters. Older P229s use a completely different, non-swappable pin from new P229s.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

User Tag List