Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Been offline for "Paybacks" years in coming.

It's never too late to step up and repay. Sometimes the opportunity takes a long time to present itself. Whether or not you realize it you helped yourself too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    I won't bore you with the details, but these days the stories of what people go to counseling for make me laugh.
    I hear you loud and clear!

Simply outfreakingstanding!

Site Supporter
    ˇSuperlative in every way!
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Much Respect Sir!

That young man is very fortunate.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Well done!

“Duty then is the sublimest word in the English language. You should do your duty in all things. You can never do more, you should never wish to do less.”

Thank you for doing that.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    You'll never forget the people who were there for you, when you had nothing at all to offer in return.

@Lost River you're doing it right - If that that young U.S. Air Force Lieutenant has even a quarter of what you're packing, the USAF is damn lucky to have him.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    It's never too late to step up and repay. Sometimes the opportunity takes a long time to present itself. Whether or not you realize it you helped yourself too.

Friends,

I will admit that volume of the responses have surprised me.

You have all said it better than I ever could have. It was just one of those things that there was no question about doing. The challenge of getting it done probably in retrospect made it a little more meaningful and added to the determination. Honestly the obstacles that presented themselves were nothing as compared to some things dealt with in other places and I discussed that with my aunt to reassure her. I told her that nobody was shooting at us or trying to harm us. Nothing is on fire. Nobody is dying, so this is no big deal. We will get this done. And we did.

Since my aunt returned home she has texted more than a few people about the trip. I have received some feedback about it. She is one happy lady.

She does a lot for others, so she deserved something for herself for a change.

Love it!

And FWIW I also had an aunt who was incredibly important to my development as a human.

Well done, sir. Well done indeed.

User Tag List