Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who are highly thought of revolver smiths these days?

Hamilton Bowen

Hamilton Bowen in E. Tennessee
    https://www.bowenclassicarms.com/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I’m local to Alex Hamilton. He’s done some great work for me in the past, but I have not been able to get a hold of him for the past two years so I’m not sure if he’s still accepting work. He’s got to be in his late 70s or early 80s.

Also, while the work Alex has personally done has been great he’s had to fix a redo some of the work done by his “assistants.” he always make good on it but just FYI.
    I would look everywhere. Terrible workmanship.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    Here's a link that might help.

https://americanhandgunner.com/disco...hs-in-the-u-s/

Duces
    Unfortunately no. While everyone on that list does (or did) great work:

Some are deceased (Terry Tussey) or no longer doing some of what the used to (Magnaport - still doing porting, but no longer doing action jobs/tuning).

Some (Jason Burton) have wait lists measured in years or are no longer accepting new work.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Unfortunately no. While everyone on that list does (or did) great work:

Some are deceased (Terry Tussey) or no longer doing some of what the used to
    For some reason I confused him with Teddy Jacobson. By all accounts he's still doing action work (and nothing else?) and is outside Houston for people that are local. His name was everywhere back in the 90s. Has anyone had him do action work lately?

I had some cylinder work done recently by Eli at TK Custom that was well executed. I don't think they're doing anything but cylinder work and parts, though. Which seems to fit a theme: the people that are still active and doing good work are either backlogged to hell or are only doing a subset of custom work (in order to not be backlogged to hell).

User Tag List