Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best way to make Glock more grippy?

Best way to make Glock more grippy?

Trying to figure out the best way to get a more grippy surface on a Glock 19 Gen 5. Its not terrible the way it is but its not great either. My experience is as follows:

1) I've played around with some talon-like grip tape that feels plasticky and has a pebble-like texture (there are so many brands of these) and it was just ok. It was not as grippy as a I wanted and did start peeling.
    2) Decal/Skateboard tape is way to aggressive for me for EDC.
    3) Hogue sleeve - this is on a Glock 43 and it has made the gun for me considerably more shootable and less snappy. I never see these recommended by serious shooters though and not sure why? I vaguely remember back in the day that people said they slipped off and twisted too easily. On a non-range gun like my 43, I have not had a problem.

Contemplating the following:
    1) Sleeve of some sort - Hogue? Limbsaver? Also the Warren Hand Grip looks like the extreme of this with the molded support hand swell.
    2) Hockey Tape / Camo form?
    3) Send out for stipple job - finding the goldilock texture without actually feeling in person might be a tough sell.
    4) better grip tape I'm not aware of?

What do you all like?

ETA - I don't remember every gun I've finger fondled but the Glock RTF2 frame was way to aggressive and the HK p30 was near perfection. I haven't played around with anything new offered in last few years.
    Last edited by Cool Breeze; 08-09-2023 at 09:12 AM.

There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post

This is your solution.

I got a roll of hockey tape for like $10 and I just replace it when it's not as grippy as I want. I tried laser-cut sandpapery grips and they worked OK I guess but they weren't as secure (tended to have the edges peel up) and cost a whole lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Suggs View Post
    This is your solution.
    That was quick! This stuff is grippier than that talon-grip tape? and hopefully sticks better?

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    I got a roll of hockey tape for like $10 and I just replace it when it's not as grippy as I want. I tried laser-cut sandpapery grips and they worked OK I guess but they weren't as secure (tended to have the edges peel up) and cost a whole lot more.
    Glad to hear this worked in practice and is an option. Thank you.

@Cool Breeze Grippe Sticks. Try it..

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    That was quick! This stuff is grippier than that talon-grip tape? and hopefully sticks better?
    I have a set of Talon Grips that @TC215 sent me for one of my 26's and it works fine for me. The 3M tape has a "sandier" slightly more aggressive feel to it, and it's inexpensive enough to change out as needed.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

You need to decide do you want a texture that is optimized for shooting (sharper/coarser) or better for carry against your skin. In wet and colder conditions, more traction is desirable.

Overall, I think the G4/5 texture is pretty good as a compromise. I also have LTT stippling and Boresight.

Name:  IMG_4555.jpg
Views: 1106
Size:  95.1 KB

Name:  IMG_4556.jpg
Views: 1065
Size:  68.2 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

@Cool Breeze

These are my findings, YMMV.

The most important areas for grip for me are front and rear backstrap.

More aggressive texturing there doesn’t affect clothes or belly as much for a carry gun.

So skate tape front and rear might be a decent compromise.

Personally I think it’s worth the investment to play with the Stippletec kits.

https://store.otdefense.com/collecti...pling-products

That way you get to do things exactly the way you want with regard to texturing and location.

It also allows you to do projects like this G26 with full grip length extension.

Name:  IMG_4164.jpg
Views: 1029
Size:  102.9 KB

User Tag List