Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Best way to make Glock more grippy?

Name:  Screenshot 2023-08-21 091738.jpg
Views: 683
Size:  41.9 KB
    @JonInWA You have a Glock switch? (I assume that's what that is.)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Name:  Screenshot 2023-08-21 091738.jpg
Views: 683
Size:  41.9 KB
    @JonInWA You have a Glock switch? (I assume that's what that is.)
    Pretty sure it's a manual safety.

It's a manual safety, designed by Leon Hubert of RDIH, which has been merged into and currently marketed by BH Spring Solutions. Here's my review of it:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....Level-2-3-Duty

And here's more information on it from BH Spring Solutions:

https://bhspringsolutions.com/index....glock-by-rdih/

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

Bike tire inner tube.

For a double stack get the thinner tube. For single stacks I use the thicker inner tube.

I’ve had a bike tire inner tube on my PPS for years now and it’s still going strong and grippy as ever.

Talon Grips.

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    It irritates me to no end, that the Glock grips have the smooth areas between the texturing on the sides and the backstrap.
    Amen. If the texture was uniform, the Gen5's might not need a grip job. Drove me up the wall until I finally DIY stippled it.

I tried all kinds of grip enhancements putting off a stipple job. But in my experience a texture job is the only solution - if its not your duty pistol of course.

In doors when I'm not sweating, I like my own texture best. Its darn grippy. Even with no undershirt it doesn't bother me. Although I almost always wear underarmour compression shirts. Now, my Boresight grip job for some crazy reason works the best when my hands are sweating. But yeah, expensive grip job. I put it off until I decided to put together my ultimate carry pistol. So glad I did it because all in all its the best Glock grip I've ever felt/owned.

Name:  Glock Boresight.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  61.7 KB

My 48 DIY grip job. Sorry about the cat hair.

Name:  Glock 48.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  80.5 KB
    Aaron D.
    EvoSec
    Evolution Security Podcast

Hockey tape here too. Tried the talons and the bike inner tube and to me the hockey tape was the best.

Up until I found this I’d never met a Glock stipple job I really liked for a gun that would be concealed.

Name:  IMG_0468.jpeg
Views: 312
Size:  56.8 KB

Honeycomb pattern from Black Rose Firearms of Ohio.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Up until I saw this on a friends gun I’d never met a Glock stipple job I really liked for a gun that would be concealed.

Name:  IMG_0468.jpeg
Views: 312
Size:  56.8 KB

Honeycomb pattern from Black Rose Firearms of Ohio. The “Tree Bark” finish from Business End Customs is great also but he’s primarily a 1911 gunsmith and may not be taking stipple jobs.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

I used Dark Side Precision for my Staccato 2011 (they do Glocks and a number of other handguns). I couldn't be happier with the Aggressive texture which they characterize as suitable for duty/competition. First time at the range the grip noted my sloppy support hand grip by starting to wear through my left palm (old, dry hands and such). Despite not having touched the gun in 4+ weeks I shot some of the best strings in several years (Steel Challenge). I've had excellent results in the past with Talon grips, but the slight reduction of the 2011 grip works best for me.

User Tag List