Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lee Hand Press life expectency

Lee Hand Press life expectency

I have had mine for a few years, have not loaded much on it. But when sizing 100 357 magnum brass, new starline, i ralized thte hand press was flexing. It was actually noticeable to see it was flecxing and bending as i raised the ram up... the two pins/links/pivot points were also jamming randomly..

My question is how much longer can i trust it to actually work?

What model is the press?

Quote Originally Posted by Torquemada View Post
    I have had mine for a few years, have not loaded much on it. But when sizing 100 357 magnum brass, new starline, i ralized thte hand press was flexing. It was actually noticeable to see it was flecxing and bending as i raised the ram up... the two pins/links/pivot points were also jamming randomly..

Are you using case lube, and if so is the press stroke smooth?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I’ve sized 40 or so .375H&H in mine for S&G without issue along with larger amounts of .45/70 and .44Magnum actually reloaded for my education in reloading away from the bench. It’s clunky but usable.
    Lee has good customer service, you might contact them about your concerns.

This question sucks

Nobody expects the hand press to flexName:  Screenshot 2023-08-09 at 1.24.45 PM.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  44.3 KB!
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Well, it isn't working now, so the answer is a negative number.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Site Supporter
    I had a Lee single stage press, the one that you would get with a Lee reloading manual for like $10.

It self-destructed when re-sizing a 7.5x55 Swiss rifle case. I probably wasn’t using enough lube.

I don’t expect more durability from the hand press, and so don’t own one. My Redding T7 is on another plane from that first press I had.

Is this the press you are talking about? https://leeprecision.com/breech-lock-hand-press

What sizing die are you using? Lube?

Did you read and follow these: https://leeprecision.com/files/instruct/90685.pdf

If you were following instructions - using lube, etc. I'd call Lee.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

I have had really good luck with Lee customer support. I would give them a call.

User Tag List