Thread: Holosun 507COMP vertical adjustment range (in MOA)

Holosun 507COMP vertical adjustment range (in MOA)

I've purchased a 1 degree shim since the subject RDS is at the upper adjustment limit on my Kimber Comander-size 1911. I'm going to install the shim today and I'm assuming the total adjustment range exceeds the bias instroduced by the 1 degree (= ~ 35 MOA) shim, but has anyone measured the vertical adjustment range on this class of Holosun sight, probably the same as a 507C? A web search didn't come up with anything.

The Atlas optic cut, as an example, has .5 degree up built into it.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by rdtompki View Post
    I've purchased a 1 degree shim since the subject RDS is at the upper adjustment limit on my Kimber Comander-size 1911. I'm going to install the shim today and I'm assuming the total adjustment range exceeds the bias instroduced by the 1 degree (= ~ 35 MOA) shim, but has anyone measured the vertical adjustment range on this class of Holosun sight, probably the same as a 507C? A web search didn't come up with anything.
    You’ll have plenty of adjustment range.

@rdtompki

I counted clicks vertical end to end and I got 65 MOA on my 507 comp.

Name:  IMG_3730.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  69.5 KB

Basically if you were to the end of your adjustment, then the 1 degree shim should put you smack dab in the middle of the sweet spot of adjustment.

Regardless you’ll have plenty of adjustability left (which has also been my experience with 1 degree shims).

My apologies for just being lazy. I've had trouble at the range feeling the "clicks" so wasn't sure I'd be able to count from end to end, but I definitely got over 60. FWIW, Amazon sent me the wrong ADE shim twice, but ordered from another third party without issue.

Quote Originally Posted by rdtompki View Post
    My apologies for just being lazy. I've had trouble at the range feeling the "clicks" so wasn't sure I'd be able to count from end to end, but I definitely got over 60. FWIW, Amazon sent me the wrong ADE shim twice, but ordered from another third party without issue.
    No worries! Happy to help! It can be nerve wracking when encountering something for the first time.

User Tag List