Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Modlite PL350 switch upgrade program live

Modlite PL350 switch upgrade program live

Modlite has rolled out their anticipated upgrade program for the existing PL350 pistol light switchwork.

Basically, pay $20, send them your light body, get it back with upgraded switch work after two weeks or so.

I have not had a single issue with mine, but I suppose it's worth the hoops you need to go through to get it updated (one order at a time in checkout, send it to them on your dime via USPS, etc.)

https://modlite.com/products/g2-upda...223e97d6&_ss=r

Thank you for the information. I saw an email from ModLite earlier today. I am sending a light back for the upgrade to compare the difference between Gen 1 and Gen 2.

Weren’t they talking about this being free a while back?
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

After multiple points of failure on mine, including switches twice, and a head twice, Modlite was kind enough to replace mine with an 18650 OKW…. That said, if I was invested in the pl350, I’d be jumping on this, but would definitely be peeved that it wasn’t free, and that I had to pay shipping…

Quote Originally Posted by BK14 View Post
    After multiple points of failure on mine, including switches twice, and a head twice, Modlite was kind enough to replace mine with an 18650 OKW…. That said, if I was invested in the pl350, I’d be jumping on this, but would definitely be peeved that it wasn’t free, and that I had to pay shipping…
    I have always had good service from them, but yes, this is slightly irritating. I would be perfectly happy to pay shipping but once they said it would be a free upgrade they should have certainly kept their word on the matter.

Contrast that with Surefire, which would not let me pay for a replacement component back when I had a U Boat issue that wasn’t entirely their fault. They sent it on their own dime at no charge.

EDIT- Not 30 seconds after I hit “submit” on the above, I received a refund notice for the full amount on all three of my upgrade charges, unilaterally from Modlite. That was smart of them.
    Last edited by Archer1440; 08-08-2023 at 09:54 AM.

This is how you fix a mistake.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Received that email as well. Only got mine because initially they claimed it was compatible with the USP rail. Kinda salty they reneged on that but I’m sending mine back today.

Anyone got their updated light back yet? How's the new switch?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

All three of mine are back after a 7 day turnaround. I sent all three in one package and received three separate parcels in return, all on the same day.

As I think I stated before, I have never had any problems with the original switches, which have been in service for me for nearly two years now (on two identical carry guns that get rotated regularly, and a third- identical to the carry guns- that gets at a lot of match and range use).

The new switch has a very positive detent, and slightly longer standard paddles than the original (more or less equivalent to the medium ARC paddle). The new switch is, to my understanding, no longer compatible with the ARC paddle kits that were included with the original lights, but I never felt the need to change them in the first place, given my very large hand size.

Of note is the fact that the overall switch axial thickness is no different than that of the original, so there's no rail space-trigger guard interference issue caused by the change. If the light fit before, it still fits.

The decision they apparently made to discontinue changing the paddles using the ARC kits might fit in with a theory I have about those people who had issues with the first generation switches. My previous experience with the ARC paddles on an SF X300U tells me that there might be a possibility that the process of changing the paddles might have been an issue for some users of the original switch- it's possible to put a lot of stress on the armature when swapping the paddles.

For me, the most interesting thing about this particular light is that with the OKW head, the hot spot is almost perfectly co-axial with my dot. In other words, the light alone provides an effective aiming solution out to 20+ yards in mesoptic and scotopic conditions, which has proven quite useful in low light training and matches when shooting from difficult positions.

I think I sent mine out on Monday, so it might be a little while before I get it back. The previous post gives me some excitement that it might not be too long at all. The example I sent back had a broken right side lever. Not the plastic ARC portion, but the actual metal piece. I really like the light and I’m hopeful that this fix will provide the durability to give Surefire some serious competition.

I’m in the midst (just finished day one of two) of teaching my last single action only class for my department before I retire, and while not planned, we went into darkness a little bit. We had a PL350 and a couple Surefire Turbos in the class. Both models were impressive.

User Tag List