Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Armed and Styled

Armed and Styled

I've been recommending Tessah's channel to new women shooters, she has a very balanced perspective and I think resonates with a lot of new shooters and women.

She's also very respectful of the traditional training side as well, having attended a lot of the "big name" training classes.

@rawkguitarist interviewed her on the EvoSec Podcast recently. It’s worth a listen.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000623159216
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Thanks for the share @Clusterfrack!

Tessah is a great resource. Especially helping ladies AND men cut the learning curve in concealed carry. She climbed that learning curve quite quickly just in the last few years. She’s really intelligent and a delight to have on the show. So we’ll have her on periodically. PLUS, she’s going to give us some tips for our video production. Which is abysmal… Her’s is excellent.
    Aaron D.
    EvoSec
    Evolution Security Podcast

I like this video

She also came to the same conclusion that you can learn and practice with a competition gun... and still shoot a smaller concealed carry gun well.

And the acknowledgement that a carry gun might not be shootable for 600 rounds over a class physically for some people (myself included) but that doesn't mean the carry gun isn't perfectly capable for 50 rounds and appropriate self defense situations.

She has over twice as many subscribers as Ben Stoeger and 50x as many subscribers as some of the legacy channels.

I really like her balanced viewpoint.

She lost me at 34 seconds when she concluded that people who advice to carry the largest gun one can conceal basically mean "carry a large gun". I don't equate the two, and indeed prefer the largest gun that I can conceal. 365 and 26 is all that I carry these days.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    She lost me at 34 seconds when she concluded that people who advice to carry the largest gun one can conceal basically mean "carry a large gun". I don't equate the two, and indeed prefer the largest gun that I can conceal. 365 and 26 is all that I carry these days.
    Well that’s not what she said. She said “tend to mean”… and then further qualified it with that person taking advice on a gun and learning “concealment mechanics” at the same time. Therefore a newer shooter… you’re not a new shooter. Much of her target is helping people climb the concealment learning curve quickly. Which those of us that have been shooting/carrying for decades, many have just came to conclusions she came to in a few years. So she has a good perspective on it, and articulates it really well.
    Last edited by rawkguitarist; 09-04-2023 at 07:02 PM.
    Aaron D.
    EvoSec
    Evolution Security Podcast

I like this person's content and I like the concepts in the video. Lots of nuance here that reflects a likely consistent, correct training schedule. Her point that carry pistols not always ideal training pistols is a good point for her target audience to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeNCMX View Post
    Her point that carry pistols not always ideal training pistols is a good point for her target audience to consider.
    So just today I went to the range and shot my brand new Shield Plus, and one of my 5" full size M&Ps. Fur damn sure I can shoot the full size gun better, but I also think there is application that cross pollinates. Seems like "we" tend to advocate total focus on the same thing you are doing most of your shooting with. And if (colossal if..) I were out kicking doors and serving warrants I would be packing one of those 5" guns, but if I am out and about in pursuit of groceries I am thinking the Shied is gonna be pretty cool.

ETA, there is probably a sweet spot with not having a tiny micro gun, but having something from the same family.

Quote Originally Posted by rawkguitarist View Post
    Well that’s not what she said. She said “tend to mean”…
    I don't know if adding "tend" changes the content of that sentence but if it does, in my experience people who recommend to carry the largest gun one can conceal tend to mean a more forgiving and less punishing gun to shoot that still answers concealment needs. Probably the most beneficial to newer shooters. I'm not sure why that advice is controversial or makes one's pet peeve list.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post

She also came to the same conclusion that you can learn and practice with a competition gun... and still shoot a smaller concealed carry gun well.

And the acknowledgement that a carry gun might not be shootable for 600 rounds over a class physically for some people (myself included) but that doesn't mean the carry gun isn't perfectly capable for 50 rounds and appropriate self defense situations.

She has over twice as many subscribers as Ben Stoeger and 50x as many subscribers as some of the legacy channels.

I really like her balanced viewpoint.
    Her videos have also resonated and been very helpful to a lot of my wife's friends. Need to demystify guns for women that don't have significant others into guns

User Tag List