Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Professional instructors and BAD printing…

Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    Oh, and if Haley is still using an Incog, that's another garbage holster problem.
    Probably using the new Safariland Incog-whatever-it's-called.
    And remember when demons and beasts cast their darkness, you have God's love - and Browning's wrath - to guide you.

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    Again; this whole thread is kinda silly and pointless but still it just kind of nags at me… why can’t professional instructors seem to conceal in a t shirt? I can and I’m not a professional instructor. Kind of makes it hard to take them seriously in some regards.
    Because most people don't pay attention to detail. For example, the average person that buys relatively cheap tires for their car, or whatever shoes happen to be available at Academy at the time. The small details usually don't matter to them as much as checking the box and moving on. Nothing against them. In fairness, time is limited and there are always trade-offs, so people have legitimate compromises they have to make sometimes. Some are, however, just sloppy IMO.

I would also say it seems most people aren't what I would call "optimizers". There's probably a specific technical term for this. I'm sure everyone knows what I mean. The "optimizer" is someone that actually reads tire reviews and puts a lot of thought into buying what they're going to be riding on for the next 15-30K miles, because it kind of matters if you care about stability and performance. They'll also buy purpose-built shoes from a niche company, because they care about their feet, performance, traction, etc.

PF, by definition, is full of optimizers. As evidence for this claim, I submit to you this little mod by @Lost River, to improve the J-frame; beautiful in its simplicity. There are countless other examples of that here. The social influencer community, decidedly not so much. Most of them seem to be checking boxes for that Instagram fame. Most of their stuff is just surface-level gun entertainment, often pushing cringe products and sloppy techniques. Modern day equivalent to gun magazines, with oddball authors, writing cringe articles, pushing bad ideas on entire generations.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

I think, based on actual experience, that most instructors suck at concealing pistols because most instructors that are not cops do not actually conceal carry pistols all the time. I said it. This is especially true for high speed, low drag former military instructors. Lovell didn't have a gun on his person when a crackhead/meth-head showed up at his rural property, overdosing. He then completely managed to miss-manage the situation and transport the subject in his personal vehicle to the hospital, while speeding. Yeah, I would not do that. People make fun of my J-frame in the m pajamas/shorts waistband, but I have a gun. Most PROFESSIONAL instructors, other than Tom Givens and a bunch of former cops don't carry all the time. Watch what happens when you go take a class. Who has to switch out carry guns or get geared up?

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post

PF, by definition, is full of optimizers.
    I never thought about this, but you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    Watch what happens when you go take a class. Who has to switch out carry guns or get geared up?
    Yeah.

Standing on the line for my Rangemaster Combative Pistol class in Ruskin FL a couple years ago, despite Tom's WRITTEN NOTICE on the class registration to WEAR YOUR CARRY GUN, and multiple repeated verbal notices prior to class getting underway, no less than THREE PEOPLE had to sheepishly go back to their vehicle to get kitted up while the rest of us stood around waiting. Geez.

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post

John Lovell? Some videos of him printing like crazy in t-shirts.

Lucas Botkin? Yep! Massive printing in his tees too.

Jason Pike/Froogman Tactical guy

Mike Glover (The rare time hes in a t-shirt and not a button up)

Shawn Ryan
    Who?
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    PF, by definition, is full of optimizers.
    Satisficers are satanists.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Youtube and Instagram have produced actors, not instructors, in so many cases.

Many are also compromised by their commercial relationships/sponsorships. So it is sorta like getting your firearms insights from Hollywood to trust some of these internet video celebs.

As cited, lots of LE's don't master concealment because it is not as big of a concern to them. Lots of the LE and ex.mil trainers don't have the first clue about context for somebody who lives and works in the corporate or business NPE world since they never have.

I don't follow any of the folks cited because I understand the natural pollution in their content that comes from never living in my context.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

When I first got hired on, the only gun issued or approved was a 96D. So the though of true concealment was a fantasy for me. that is a fantastic gun for shootability, but not concealability. So I am sure I printed big time in my IWB Summer Special holster carried at 4 o'clock.

Times change, and now a P365 carried AIWB is always on me, and it conceals soooo much better. I doubt I will ever EDC a G19 size gun once i retire. But a 356 or 365XL will probably be my EDC for quite some time. If someone finally makes a quality 15rnd mag for a Glock 48, I may swap back to glock.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    I think, based on actual experience, that most instructors suck at concealing pistols because most instructors that are not cops do not actually conceal carry pistols all the time. I said it. This is especially true for high speed, low drag former military instructors. Lovell didn't have a gun on his person when a crackhead/meth-head showed up at his rural property, overdosing. He then completely managed to miss-manage the situation and transport the subject in his personal vehicle to the hospital, while speeding. Yeah, I would not do that. People make fun of my J-frame in the m pajamas/shorts waistband, but I have a gun. Most PROFESSIONAL instructors, other than Tom Givens and a bunch of former cops don't carry all the time. Watch what happens when you go take a class. Who has to switch out carry guns or get geared up?
    Part of the reason Claude Werner carries small guns, well concealed. I emailed a few questions years ago. One thing he wrote- “I always have a gun on me, unlike those 10 mm homos….” (Or close)

User Tag List