Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Pistol Red Dot Looks Best? and WHY?

I'm still a big fan of the original 6MOA Amber Delta that Leupold had once upon a time (no longer). For me, Amber doesn't wash out as hard shade-to-bright. The Delta gives me a precise aiming point (triangle tip) or a useful smear of color for fast shooting. Without my glasses one, the triangle was a smear, but a smear with a morphology that lets me kind of get a sense of the top. Perfect? No, but better than a bloom'ed out green or red dot. The real problem is that reticle was only available on the original Deltapoint and I think pre-GJM fixed DPPs.

A 4 MOA dot is my alternative and it works, but isn't really my favorite.

If you aren't focusing on the reticle/dot/delta/diamond/hypotenuse/etc, does it really matter? Of course, because of my astigmatism is doesn't matter. Anything bigger than a legit 1MOA dot in a rifle scope is buggered up for me.

I have shot everything from 10 MOA Cmores to Dual Illum Trijicon RMRs with big triangles to 2 MOA Ultradots on matchguns.

As long as it’s smaller than a headbox at 25, you can do any pistol game with any size dot… including carry.

Usable reticle brightness and emitter quality makes more difference than 2 or 3 or 6 or 8 MOA. A nominal half-inch versus two inch dot at 25 doesn’t make a lick of difference once they’re cranked for equal daylight bright visibility.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post
    I have shot everything from 10 MOA Cmores to Dual Illum Trijicon RMRs with big triangles to 2 MOA Ultradots on matchguns.

As long as it’s smaller than a headbox at 25, you can do any pistol game with any size dot… including carry.

Usable reticle brightness and emitter quality makes more difference than 2 or 3 or 6 or 8 MOA. A nominal half-inch versus two inch dot at 25 doesn’t make a lick of difference once they’re cranked for equal daylight bright visibility.
    Due to Texas sun and sometims 2 mos washing out on my eps carry I went to circle or circle dot.

Circle only does unf lead to me being a bit less precise at 25. 2 moa is still king for distance or precision work

User Tag List