Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Republic Ammo?

New Republic Ammo?

Any thoughts on this "New Republic" ammo as range/training ammo in .45?

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/new-...-p-112894.aspx

Around $0.40 a round is as low as I've seen. Stats are 853 fps, 371 ft lbs and it is brass cased FMJ. I'm finding comments that it is made in Hungary, not 100% certain. I just need to pick up some range ammo for general use, and came across this as an in stock option, vs. say American Eagle at $0.48 a round. I am inclined to put a box in my next order and try it out. Will report back if so.

I can't speak to New Republic, but I have had good luck with Fenix's 9mm training ammo. I've shot something like 10k rounds without issue.

It looks like they're selling 230g FMJ between 36 - 40 cpr, depending on quantity.
    David S.

I have used 1,000's of rounds of the 9mm stuff with no issues. It has lately been my go to cheap practice ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    I can't speak to New Republic, but I have had good luck with Fenix's 9mm training ammo. I've shot something like 10k rounds without issue.

It looks like they're selling 230g FMJ between 36 - 40 cpr, depending on quantity.
    Well they have a sense of humor, for sure.

Name:  IMG_0427.jpeg
Views: 1533
Size:  20.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Well they have a sense of humor, for sure.

Name:  IMG_0427.jpeg
Views: 1533
Size:  20.7 KB
    Their Twitter account is fire.
    David S.

Not familiar with the term, is that good or bad?
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Not familiar with the term, is that good or bad?
    Really good

Urban Dictionary: Fire
    https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Fire

Thanks guys, appreciate the inputs. I'll give this a go in my next order.

Site Supporter
    The ad states that 20 boxes(1000 rds) ships free. 1000 primers cost $100. 1000 230 gr cast bullets shipped would cost at least $125. 1000 once fired 45 cases would cost at least $115 shipped. We are up to $340 and haven't bought powder. The ammo is fmj, but I used cast bullets in the example.

45ACP lovers among us are missing a good deal if they overlook this deal. Most new 45 Auto cases use small primers instead of large primers. That does not matter except maybe to reloaders who prefer cases with large primers because they wish not to mix the two. I test cheap handgun training ammo by shooting it at rocks and stumps 100 yards distant. I seldom see examples that fail the test. Now that I'm infirm and unsteady, I position myself in my truck's rear passenger seat and shoot out of the window.

Shot 67 rounds of the New Republic 230 FMJ, along with 8 rounds of Federal HST, through my Garrison today. No stoppages or malfunctions. New ammo seems as punchy as any other decent brass new FMJ .45 ammo I've shot, at least subjectively. No more smoke than say S&B or AE, my last few boxes of range ammo.

I did shoot 8 round The Test with both; the NR ammo I scored 73-0X and with the HST, 76-3X, which was a new personal best on the 8 round The Test. Hmmm. So perhaps the HST is more consistent (duh), but I'd have to continue to compare to get more data to be convinced. I will probably order more of this for range use, $0.40 cents per round is hard to beat.

User Tag List