Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shield Plus 10 Pound Trigger and Rebate Questions

If you end up wanting a 13 round mag, I’d swap you for one of your tens.

Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    Yes, change out one spring at a time and see if you like the trigger pull. If not, change out the other spring and see how that affects the trigger pull. As you observed, a heavier trigger return spring is the easy button for adding more weight to the trigger pull.
    Pretty sure the sear spring must be a monster, from pulling the trigger with the slide off, but that might be a good thing for what I want. A normal take-up followed by a firm wall is appealing to me. And since they apparently share the M&P springs I have a bunch of those springs on hand from prior Apex conversions.

As a follow-up to this, would you mind locking the slide back and taking a look under the slide at the striker sear engagement? I wonder if it's unmarked or has the 10 degree marking.

Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    As a follow-up to this, would you mind locking the slide back and taking a look under the slide at the striker sear engagement? I wonder if it's unmarked or has the 10 degree marking.
    It is unmarked:

Name:  Unmarked.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  33.2 KB

I also shot the thing last weekend, and I can hit reasonably well with it. Shot side by side with my 5" 2.0 with (high round count) factory trigger, can obviously shoot the big gun better/easier/faster, but not sure I am going to swap out the springs just yet. Not sure how much of the difference is just the Shield being smaller.

I also got email that all is on track with the rebate, and to expect my magazines in the next 10-15 days.

ETA:
    Btw, the Plus extended mags don’t have the sliding sleeve like the original Shield mags. The spacer is now part of the baseplate so it doesn’t move around. Unfortunately, that also means the spacer holds the mag together.
    I also noticed that they have a fifteen round mag so I (back)ordered one to try, I hope it is the same way (no sliding sleeve):
    Name:  15rnd.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  14.0 KB

Seems like the recipe for the 10-lb trigger is trigger spring, sear spring, sear(?) and 0-deg striker. I actually like the 0-degree striker to get a more defined wall with the Apex Duty/Carry trigger.

Got the magazines today, all three 10rnd like I hoped/expected.

Shot it enough yesterday to make a decision, order springs this morning.
    Not that it was totally unmanageable, I can do what I can do with my J-frame with it, but part of the reason I wanted it was to have a better capability than my J-frames.

MGW also had the 15 round magazines in stock, so I bought one. If I like it I will probably leave the one backordered at Brownell's on order.

Seems like the recipe for the 10-lb trigger is trigger spring, sear spring, sear(?) and 0-deg striker. I actually like the 0-degree striker to get a more defined wall with the Apex Duty/Carry trigger.
    This info was very helpful. Right after I bought my new pistol I just bought a second one from a member here. It came with an Overwatch Precision trigger installed and it is awesome, but dang it is maybe a little lighter than I want it on that pistol. But last week I was really banging some steel and I can shoot it very well. Remembering this thread I checked the striker on my new gun, and it was the 10deg version. So I just swapped the strikers and the 0deg with the Overwatch trigger might be, as you said, the Goldilocks combination!

Now the pistol with the heavy springs has a 10deg striker, and it will be nice when I swap the springs. Speaking of the wall, I might try it with the lighter trigger spring I bought, and leave the heavy sear spring, that is how my full size with the Apex is setup.

I put an APEX in my M&P Compact. I left the factory springs in since they actually give a lighter trigger pull than the APEX springs that come with the kit (the chart that APEX sends states the lightest pull weight comes from the factory springs). I didn't know about the 0 degree striker and that gives me ideas of playing with the 0 degree stiker. I also like a defined wall with a clean break.

Anybody got any leads on where to buy FC parts since S&W put them on lockdown? Once upon a time you could call them and purchase, but the last time they said they quit doing that "since all that stuff has to be fitted".

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post

Anybody got any leads on where to buy FC parts since S&W put them on lockdown? Once upon a time you could call them and purchase, but the last time they said they quit doing that "since all that stuff has to be fitted".
    I’ve had good luck with Midwest Gunworks. Their shipping is reasonable and they have a fair selection.

0-degree striker assy: https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page...prod/393790000

10-degree striker assy: https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/3006501

User Tag List