Thread: Do you have a trust? Are you using eFile? Sign your 5320.23 in ink and scan!

Do you have a trust? Are you using eFile? Sign your 5320.23 in ink and scan!

Word of warning - if you have a trust and need to eFile a 5320.23 RPQ, do it on paper signed in ink and scanned - I just had a bunch of apps held up for using electronic signatures. Their reasoning is that 5320.23 is a supporting document generated outside the eForm system.

This may be a rule change, because I had prior applications approved with an all-electronic 5320.23.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

You did an all-electronic RPQ? Didn't know there was such a thing.

When I did my form 1's for a few pistols - SBR last year I had to print out the rpq, sign it with ink, rescan it back into the computer, and then upload it into the e-file system with the application. My very first submission was rejected because like a dummy I didn't pay attention and when I clicked the upload button I chose the wrong file and uploaded a blank rpq. Lesson learned.

If I were to purchase a suppressor today from either Capital Armory or silencer shop, they would send me an rpq to sign by DocuSign. That seems to have worked perfectly with each submission.

I did a fillable PDF sourced from BATFE’s website, and it allowed for electronic signing.

All I had to do to fix it was copy the RPQs to new one ones, “unsign” them with a right click, pick a new signed date using the calendar box, print, sign, scan with my phone, rename to their requested format and upload. Multiple times. Whew.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

While the system allows an electronically signed RPQ to be uploaded it won’t be approved. As far as I know, ever since eForms came back the guidance has been to print the RPQ and sign it with ink before scanning and uploading it.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Learned something new today, and it's always a good day when you learn something new. Didn't realize you could electronically sign the rpq, and thankfully I didn't know that!

I was thinking maybe they were giving you grief over the docusigning of things. I've heard on the internet, and we all know how accurate the internet is, that if you allow DocuSign to choose your signature font and use it, the ATF will reject it. You have to scribble a signature with either the computer mouse or finger on a touch screen. But again, that's just what I've read.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    While the system allows an electronically signed RPQ to be uploaded it won’t be approved. As far as I know, ever since eForms came back the guidance has been to print the RPQ and sign it with ink before scanning and uploading it.
    Today, correct. I have two approved eForm 1s from 2021 and 2022 that were done with electronically signed RPQs. Was that an oversight, or a rule change? Who knows.

I will say the first two were approved by one of the better known, more popular examiners.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Today, correct. I have two approved eForm 1s from 2021 and 2022 that were done with electronically signed RPQs. Was that an oversight, or a rule change? Who knows.

I will say the first two were approved by one of the better known, more popular examiners.
    I wonder if that's why my last remaining application is floating around.

User Tag List