Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Czech folk song Little Piece Of Shit Stops CZ

Czech folk song Little Piece Of Shit Stops CZ

Normal trigger return. This is my practice gun. Doesn't get cleaned much.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Bnx6ibQoIHo

This is my match gun. I try to keep it OK. Decided to do a part of practice with it today, these two have different triggers. Shortly after trigger doesn't travel all the way forward.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/f0mKf-z6k68

The culprit is a gunk buildup wedged forward of trigger bar

Name:  20230804_202956.jpg
Views: 1121
Size:  29.7 KB

Second time this happens to me.
    Last edited by YVK; 08-04-2023 at 11:51 PM.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Normal trigger return. This is my practice gun. Doesn't get cleaned much.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Bnx6ibQoIHo

This is my match gun. I try to keep it OK. Decided to do a part of practice with it today, these two have different triggers. Shortly after trigger doesn't travel all the way forward.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/f0mKf-z6k68

The culprit is a gunk buildup wedged forward of trigger bar

Name:  20230804_202956.jpg
Views: 1121
Size:  29.7 KB

Second time this happens to me.
    You need to clean your gun ONCE in a while buddy!

"Lose that nickel-plated sissy pistol.... Get yourself a Glock!"

Bwahahaha!!!! Sorry, couldn't resist.
    All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
    No one is coming. It is up to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    "Lose that nickel-plated sissy pistol.... Get yourself a Glock!"

Bwahahaha!!!! Sorry, couldn't resist.
    I agree though. My opinion of CZs as duty weapons is not very high.

To include the P10 series of handguns? I’m not disputing or arguing, while I own a couple P10c’s and really really like them. I’ve never used one as a duty gun, my work guns were always Glocks.

But am curious on opinions on how they would rate as duty/work guns, pros and cons, durability, reliability, etc.

I wouldn't choose a Shadow2 as a duty weapon, but if I did I wouldn't over lube it and never clean it so giant pieces of crud accumulate

The CZ75 is a strong contender for the most reliable duty pistol design of the pre-polymer era.

I'd bet even odds on the P-07 against any other gun in a reliability and torture test.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    The CZ75 is a strong contender for the most reliable duty pistol design of the pre-polymer era.
    Agree and had several CZ75, CZ85, and SP01 series pistols that were super reliable. I'd have to check records but think in all, I owned six CZs in those three model lines.

One recurring thing that plagued all of mine (referring to specifically the series I owned, not to all CZs and not to the modern polymer versions), was broken trigger springs. Obviously my small sample of pistols isn't enough to establish this was a universal problem. But I did hear this issue come up frequently from other CZ owners on forums, and you still hear it coming up today. Often the CZ custom shops like Cajun and CZ Custom, will offer various upgraded trigger springs with advertised greater durability (example at Cajun: "The known weak link in the trigger system is the factory trigger return spring that can ‘snap’ off the long leg of the spring = dead trigger.", and example at CZ Custom: "These newly redesigned spring have been made from a better grade of spring steel heat treated differently and tested by us. We have fired test sample to excess of 20,000 dry fires without breakage."). Usually the common factor between my CZs and other CZ shooters with broken TRS was higher round counts. So basically, on 75/85/SP01 CZs, seems like the trigger spring is an item that CZ owners of those series just need to learn about, and get in a habit of replacing it on a maintenance schedule. As long as you do that, 75/85/SP01 can be highly reliable; at least mine were. I've seen a suggested maintenance schedule of 10K rounds for the TRS, but in my experience, I had multiple cases of breakage before 10K. I started going with 5K even when using upgraded springs. Probably overkill but I got bitten enough times that I didn't want to chance it when I was still using CZs for anything beyond a range toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    To include the P10 series of handguns?
    Can't help with P10, no experience with that gun. Somehow I've not seen a lot of them around, not sure why.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I'd bet even odds on the P-07 against any other gun in a reliability and torture test.
    A shooting buddy who is a lurker here shot P-09s early in his USPSA career. He shot Limited. Of course 40 is harder on guns than 9 but those two guns got thrashed in such spectacular fashion that my opinion of P07/P09 series resiliency has been altered forever.

Shadow 2 and P-07 has yet to malf for me but I had a P10c that was stovepipe city.

Battering a gun until parts break is a different failure mode than typical reliability issues. That's especially true if the gun is used for competition and has light springs.

I own and have seen a decent sample size of p-07s with high round counts and dirty conditions. As well, other folks have done quite a bit of testing. I'm satisfied it's GTG as a defensive and duty gun, comparable to Glock and HK.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List