Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Czech folk song Little Piece Of Shit Stops CZ

In the past, I would break down my guns as far as I could to get every spec of dirt removed. But now, I don't really "clean" my guns.

Sure, I'll pay more attention to my carry guns (lint, sweat, etc.), but my range guns just get wiped down and lubricated after a session.

I don't think I have ever let a pistol get that dirty. I did over clean them when I first got out of the Army. I have tought myslef to back off a lot over the years, but I still will not let them get too gunked up.

I’ve sold most of my pistols over the past year, and settled in with a CZ P-01 and a S&W 686+ revolver. Both get cleaned after shooting, and the CZ gets a few drops of oil on the rails, and one on the barrel. The revolvers don’t get oil. My wife carries and shoots a CZ 75B Omega extensively: 150 rounds per weekly range trip. It gets the same oil routine, but only gets cleaned every few trips. No gunk, and it’s never had a failure in the past year.

I never understood all the “best gun evarrr!” Fawning over the p10c when it came out. I handled/shot one, it’s not special at all. I’d definitely take a beretta APX/arex/Masada over them.

User Tag List