Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P320 and Safariland Interface Issues

Site Supporter
    I feel your pain. One firearms training coordinator at my former agency decided to purchase only Safariland holsters that would fit our 226's with the TLR-1/Surefire 300 lights. (I don't believe the 7A was available at the time.) This was regardless of whether the officer had a light or even had a legacy 226 without a rail.

The next FTC mandated that all officers mount lights on their weapons. Of course, the newly issued FNS-9 was unreliable with a WML attached until FN replaced the barrels so some pistols were carried without lights attached.

As long as the weapon lights are wider than the trigger guards, they will be room for something to get in. The 320 somewhat exacerbates this with a trigger that does not have a built in safety. I say somewhat intentionally because the number of events that a trigger safety would prevent is totally unknown.

My experience is that the 7TS provides quite a bit less exposure than the 6XXX series. I suppose they could fence the trigger guard a lot higher and that might help, but it would likely affect gripping the gun in the holster and the draw stroke.

https://www.sigsauer.com/blog/safety...rs-for-pistols

I've literally been saying this for nearly three years.

Apparently SIG has now figured it out.

Put the damn tab (trigger safety) on the trigger like you should have done in the first place!

I don’t think a tab on the trigger will help. There have been several instances of Glocks going off because the trigger was moved. Also the tab only works if half the trigger is moved. I don’t know the dimensions of the Glock trigger on either side of the tab but it is not much. Basically if something gets on the trigger and moves it the gun wil go off.

The nice thing about this combo - US Duty Gear / M&P / X300U with a DG switch - is that no unregistered/unsecured assault keys worn on the other side of my body or a TQ holder can suddenly jump in and cause the pistol to fire.

Name:  holster_9594.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  54.2 KBName:  holster_9589.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  42.1 KBName:  holster_9595.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  47.1 KB

If my relatively small fingers can't get in there, doubt very much anything else will.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by kev8287 View Post
    I don’t think a tab on the trigger will help. There have been several instances of Glocks going off because the trigger was moved. Also the tab only works if half the trigger is moved. I don’t know the dimensions of the Glock trigger on either side of the tab but it is not much. Basically if something gets on the trigger and moves it the gun wil go off.
    Another factor is the the curved nature of the Glock trigger across the face on both sides of the trigger safety helps in conjunction with the tab if something only partially engages the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by kev8287 View Post
    How many is several, over what period of time, and under what circumstances?

Despite the marketing, I'm not going to call Glock's design "perfection", but you simply do not see "the gun went off in the holster" stories like you do with the 320. You also don't see those stories with the M&P. If you do, there are far fewer occurrences and, in the case of Glock, orders of magnitude more guns in circulation. The tabbed trigger may not solve the problem, but it would appear that it decreases the likelihood.

User Tag List