Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Norrso G45 / G19 Stretch / G47 Slides?

Norrso G45 / G19 Stretch / G47 Slides?

Happy Friday.

I have been exchanging emails with Norrso about the possibility of making G47 style slides. G47 owners could have the option of unique cocking serrations, a dedicated optic cut, lightening cuts, etc. G19 and G45 Gen 5 owners could make a long slide 19 or turn the G45 into a 47 with the addition of a Gen 5 barrel.

Norrso is not opposed to the idea but is curious about popularity and sales potential. What's P-F say? Would slides like this be welcome to the market?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I'm probably the only person who wants a non-MOS G47 for iron sited training. I've considered having a MOS plate cut with a dovetail for my Dawson adjustable sights. I've still got to figure out filling the rear MOS dovetail.

I've been content to wait for a factory non-MOS 47, but would consider an aftermarket solution.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post

I've been content to wait for a factory non-MOS 47,
    Is Glock planning to make a 47 that's not cut for an optic? You might have a long wait.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    I'm probably the only person who wants a non-MOS G47 for iron sited training. I've considered having a MOS plate cut with a dovetail for my Dawson adjustable sights. I've still got to figure out filling the rear MOS dovetail.

I've been content to wait for a factory non-MOS 47, but would consider an aftermarket solution.
    Filling the stock rear dovetail is easy… Glock provides you with a useless piece of polymer that fits in there very well… I think they call it a “rear sight”. Cover the area around it with a couple layers of painters tape and file that bugger down til it’s flush with the slide. Or just use RTV silicone in black and razor knife off the excess after it dries.

This is my Gen 3 Glock 47 knock off. The frame is made by the Glock Store. Gen 3 compatible, Glock 17 size grip, takes G19 slides. This slide started as a Brownells G19L unfinished slide. All square and blocky, just the sight cut. I sent it off to Maple Leaf for their Duty package. It's paired with a PSA Dagger slide when the G19L/G47 slide is just a 1/2" too long for business.

Name:  G47 Gen3.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  101.1 KB

With a Zev slide

Name:  AKEI3885.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  47.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Is Glock planning to make a 47 that's not cut for an optic? You might have a long wait.
    Not unless they get a large enough order for them.

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    Filling the stock rear dovetail is easy...
    Yeah, there's some 3D printing files out there as well. If I go that route, I'll either grind down a steel site or fabricate a dovetail filler with steel. Which brings us back to the aftermarket slide options.

Site Supporter
    I was searching for G17.5 MOS slides the other day for my G19.5 MOS. I'm interested in a G47 slide to make a G19L, and may buy a G47 MOS to mix & match. No time soon, and I haven't decided if that's what I want. I do wonder if they will make a G47 slide with a built-in comp and I can use it on my G19, with the G19 barrel like the P365-Xmacro. It's nothing I need just stuff I'd like to have.
    --Jason--

I ping Norrso every once in awhile about this. Last I heard they're planning on doing a G47 barrel and slide with an integral comp cut. I assume it will be something like the Chunk port from Monsoon. I can see a pretty good market for something like this especially in optic ready formats.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I ping Norrso every once in awhile about this. Last I heard they're planning on doing a G47 barrel and slide with an integral comp cut. I assume it will be something like the Chunk port from Monsoon. I can see a pretty good market for something like this especially in optic ready formats.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    That would be cool. Depending on the price I’d probably buy one to check out.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

User Tag List