Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bushnell RXM-300; New Large Window Optic

I could not get a false dot to show up using a flashlight. The same test with an sro results in a double dot every time. Will test outdoors with low sun angle to confirm.

Name:  IMG_2379.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  72.8 KB
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Just ordered one for my game gun. And a Timney Alpha.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

FYI Midway has some discounts if you buy a qualifying optic today. I just ordered a Bushnell red dot to fit my Shield Plus but there were several others available.

Looking forward to the end user reports. Bushnell optics are an unknown for me but somehow I’ve mentally equated them with Crimson Trace, Sightmark, Firefield (Fireforce? something like that), etc.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I’m going to try one at least until Aimpoint comes out with a compact option.

Site Supporter
    Mine arrived yesterday, and I briefly examined it when I got home from a trip.
    It comes with 2 lengths of mounting screws - I suspect that the shorter ones will be best for my LTT RDO plate, but I’ll do some measuring to confirm today. I’ll be interested to try it, and will report back here on impressions.

Name:  IMG_2221.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  90.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_2225.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  62.5 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

Didn’t like how high it sat on the MOS slide so I switched it over to this AIM slide.

Name:  IMG_2320.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  41.2 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.

Site Supporter
    I put it on my B92 LTT RDO. The dot seems a similar night-over-bore to my (still in Michigan getting fixed) SRO.
    It’s made it through one zero/practice session, and one IDPA Match – a total of about 300 rounds very well so far.
    The 4 MOA dot seems quite a bit smaller than the SRO’S 6 MOA and more like my MRO 2 MOA dots.
    The Bushnell dot seems more like a very bright “point of light” vs the SRO’s 6 MOA which is more like a disk.
    That said, it works very well for me, and maybe even makes it easier to find and track. Just noticing the difference in appearance.

If the durability is there, it strikes me as a good bargain alternative to the SRO.
    (Ha - talking about durability when my SRO went down with +/- 3200 rounds on it…)

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Looking forward to the end user reports. Bushnell optics are an unknown for me but somehow I’ve mentally equated them with Crimson Trace, Sightmark, Firefield (Fireforce? something like that), etc.
    Depends on what line of optic you’re looking at. The Elite Tactical line has proven itself to be quite robust in the precision realm. I run several older ET models and they work great. I’d definitely be interested in an ET RDS line based on their track record, but I also realize an RDS is a different animal than a variable magnified optic, so we’ll see.

User Tag List