Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42

Thread: Bushnell RXM-300; New Large Window Optic

  1. #31
    Site Supporter Lon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Did a little trimming on the ALS locking ďblockĒ and now the RXM-300 fits just fine in a 6390.

    Name:  IMG_2467.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  45.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_2468.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  39.1 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

  2. #32
    Site Supporter Lon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    This has about 700 rounds through it now. Havenít cleaned the glass at all. A little bit of gunk from class the last 2 days, but not bad compared to what the gun looks like.

    Name:  IMG_2605.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  69.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_2606.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  60.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_2607.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  98.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_2608.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  66.5 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

  3. #33
    Focus JCN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    in a really good place
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    This has about 700 rounds through it now. Havenít cleaned the glass at all. A little bit of gunk from class the last 2 days, but not bad compared to what the gun looks like.
    Any impressions of usability and the dot? To me it the dot appears less well circumscribed than a 6MOA which is to be expected and pretty similar to a 2.5 SRO dot visually which is plenty usable and plenty bright but I haven't shot it very much.

  4. #34
    Site Supporter Lon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Any impressions of usability and the dot? To me it the dot appears less well circumscribed than a 6MOA which is to be expected and pretty similar to a 2.5 SRO dot visually which is plenty usable and plenty bright but I haven't shot it very much.
    I would agree with that. I prefer the 2-3MOA dots so it suits me just fine. Each of the days were sunny and cloudless and I had zero issues with finding the dot/tracking the dot. I even turned it down a bit for some of the precision work we were doing. I wouldnít consider this as a carry dot, too big/squared off. But for a gamer/fun gun? If it holds up, absolutely.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

  5. #35
    Site Supporter Lon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Well, my RXM-300 had a sudden loss of zero mid stage today halfway through the match. Finished with the BUIS. I thought the dot was completely out at first. After finishing the stage I went to the safe area and checked. The dot was still there, but you had to point the muzzle down about 45 degrees to see it. Iíll be contacting Bushnell tomorrow. Total round count was @800.

    I wonder if itíll do better on a frame mount. My buddy is gonna mount his on his open gun on a frame mount. Iíll report back after heís got some rounds down range.

    Not sure what Iíll do with the replacement when I get it.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

  6. #36
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Central Front Range, CO
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Well, my RXM-300 had a sudden loss of zero mid stage today halfway through the match. Finished with the BUIS. I thought the dot was completely out at first. After finishing the stage I went to the safe area and checked. The dot was still there, but you had to point the muzzle down about 45 degrees to see it. Iíll be contacting Bushnell tomorrow. Total round count was @800.

    I wonder if itíll do better on a frame mount. My buddy is gonna mount his on his open gun on a frame mount. Iíll report back after heís got some rounds down range.

    Not sure what Iíll do with the replacement when I get it.
    GreatÖ. <S>
    Iím at 538 rds, so less than 300 to goÖ
    Let us know how Bushnell customer service takes care of you.

    At least Iíve got my SRO back from Trijicon, so Iíll have something to mount up when it fails.

  7. #37
    Site Supporter Lon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    GreatÖ. <S>
    Iím at 538 rds, so less than 300 to goÖ
    Let us know how Bushnell customer service takes care of you.

    At least Iíve got my SRO back from Trijicon, so Iíll have something to mount up when it fails.
    I hope this one is an anomaly. I really like this optic.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

  8. #38
    Focus JCN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    in a really good place
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I hope this one is an anomaly. I really like this optic.
    Thanks for keeping us updated. So far I havenít been brave enough to mount it on anything other than a rimfire rifle.

  9. #39
    Site Supporter Lon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Thanks for keeping us updated. So far I havenít been brave enough to mount it on anything other than a rimfire rifle.
    The replacement may end up on a M&P15/22.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

  10. #40
    Used it in low sun. It doesnít have a double dot but it has tons of artifact. It looks like red specks all over the window. You can distinguish the actual dot but only if the index is perfect.

    Not sure how I feel about it now. If it was good in low sunlight I was considering it as an SRO replacement (IF it holds up).
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •