Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Toyota Land Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I don't know too much about passenger applications, but I will point out that the uber drivers I've talked to love the Prius. A hybrid pulls a ton of work off the ICE plant, giving all of the heavy torque loading to the battery, which makes the whole system last longer (apparently).
    Rideshare would seem to be a perfect application, predominantly urban and suburban short trips with lots of stopping and starting.
    Now that they have made a version that is not so fugly and is also peppy, I wonder about a GR rendition, something that gets some tires more inclined to corner than roll easy, and an ICE that is a little more performance oriented.
    5sec to 60mph/50mpg/500mi range would probably be good target objectives.

Makes some really good points about new LC VS 4R (and eventually Sequoia and Lexus) starting around 27:45

Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Very good. I’ve been wondering what the LC and Lexus did better than the 4Runner. Seemed like there was a lot of overlap, especially when you get into the 4Runner’s higher trims. My wife and I were just talking about that today.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    Very good. I’ve been wondering what the LC and Lexus did better than the 4Runner. Seemed like there was a lot of overlap, especially when you get into the 4Runner’s higher trims. My wife and I were just talking about that today.
    The LC and Lexus GX have AWD, which is attractive if you live in snow country. Otherwise, the 4Runner, LC and Lexus GX seem awfully close.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The LC and Lexus GX have AWD, which is attractive if you live in snow country. Otherwise, the 4Runner, LC and Lexus GX seem awfully close.
    Toyota sales a 4Runner that has AWD too. I believe it is the Premium.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    I too am surprised by the overlap. The big attraction for me to a LC is that my current 4RNR gets tight on space during my adventures with family. Unfortunately it looks like the newer LC will not be much if any bigger than the 4RNR, especially with so much room needed for batteries.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I am pretty unenthusiastic about enthusiasts fucking with batteries.
    Or 1911s…
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I cannot speak to the latest/upcoming iterations of the 4 Runner and the GX, but a couple years ago when we were looking for a new SUV for my wife there was a "noticeable" difference between the 4 Runner Limited and the GX. We went with the intention of buying a limited 4 Runner, all she needed to do was pick the color. However, the Toyota dealer had a 1 year old GX on the lot we test drove. They were both quality vehicles but I found the GX nicer in every way except in the looks department. The GX rode better, was slightly less underpowered, was more comfortable, had a better HVAC, was quieter, and was much better built. That is not to say that the 4 Runner was in any way bad, it was just that the GX was nicer. The GX was also more expensive new which is why we ended up in a 1 year old GX for ~same price as a new Limited 4 Runner.

I'm not sure how this relates to the newest offerings from Toyota/Lexus. In the loaner Lexi we have had during service appointments, Lexus seems to have gone to the "everything is controlled by this ridiculous dashboard iPad" user interface. I hope they avoid this with their actual SUV's but they probably won't.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Train View Post
    I cannot speak to the latest/upcoming iterations of the 4 Runner and the GX, but a couple years ago when we were looking for a new SUV for my wife there was a "noticeable" difference between the 4 Runner Limited and the GX. We went with the intention of buying a limited 4 Runner, all she needed to do was pick the color. However, the Toyota dealer had a 1 year old GX on the lot we test drove. They were both quality vehicles but I found the GX nicer in every way except in the looks department. The GX rode better, was slightly less underpowered, was more comfortable, had a better HVAC, was quieter, and was much better built. That is not to say that the 4 Runner was in any way bad, it was just that the GX was nicer. The GX was also more expensive new which is why we ended up in a 1 year old GX for ~same price as a new Limited 4 Runner.

I'm not sure how this relates to the newest offerings from Toyota/Lexus. In the loaner Lexi we have had during service appointments, Lexus seems to have gone to the "everything is controlled by this ridiculous dashboard iPad" user interface. I hope they avoid this with their actual SUV's but they probably won't.
    Well, we're not in the market, she has a 2020 4Runner TRD Pro. And even that's mostly for looks (and she'll admit it), you don't need 4WD or AWD too often around here.

I've said elsewhere, possibly in this thread, that a newer "better" vehicle won't get us to Dollar General, Walmart or church any better. Buuuut if I was sitting on a pile of cash with nothing better to spend it on, we'd be looking at a 550 Overtrail.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List