Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gen 5 Glock 19 Ameriglo Fit

Gen 5 Glock 19 Ameriglo Fit

I had an Ameriglo GL-470 rear walk in a Gabe glass in 2021 and have been down on Ameriglo since then. I want to pick up an irons-only G19 mostly for teaching others. Most friends and family members that ask me for help shooting are still thrown off by optics, or if they do end up liking them, get sticker shock at the idea of paying that amount of money for a pistol and optic. The fact that the Glocks can be had with the FBI sights from the factory is a pro, but I'm wary of them drifing loose. Any feedback? Has Ameriglo solved the issue?
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

In my experience across 3 different GL-429 rears, they all walked on a Gen 4 19 rear and an aftermarket dovetail. Dawsons stay on them, I want to like Ameriglos but it does happen. I do have good luck with the Hackathorns but I just tell people to get a set of Dawson fibers, they work way better for all kinds of shooting IMO

I had that same issue on a 19, I switched to 10-8 Performance sights since the rear has a set screw. Dawson also has set screws on their sights as well. I'm sure there are more but these two I have used personally.
    Last edited by CDFIII; 08-01-2023 at 02:43 PM.

Honestly I'd rather have a 10-8 rear on there and just some kind of tritium front. White, Yellow, or Orange outline would be fine. I don't find Hilton's instructions about front heights to be compatible with his rears to be helpful. I do have his MOS co-witness sights on my other Glocks with RMR's and like them a lot and find that they hit POA=POI.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Site Supporter
    I have a set of Hackathons on my G45, which I assume uses the same dovetail. I needed a steel punch to install the rear, the brass one wouldn’t move it when it got near the center. The rear hasn’t budged in the 1000 plus rounds I’ve put through it.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

No issues personally with my G19M after 5 years, and I have only heard of 1 colleague having the rear walk loose. No issues on my Glock 26 Gen 4 or Glock 42, both wearing Ameriglos, albeit they only got them a few months ago.

I've seen two front sights come off, but that seems to be a "thing" that happens now and then with Glock front sights in general.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    I had a GL429 rear and a plain black .265 rear from a fiber optic drift a little. Now I glob the bottom with red loctite and have zero issues in the last 3 years.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I've seen two front sights come off, but that seems to be a "thing" that happens now and then with Glock front sights in general.
    That G45 is my first Glock, but I've learned to check the front sight for looseness at the end of every range session. It's just like checking the yoke screw on a K frame.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    That G45 is my first Glock, but I've learned to check the front sight for looseness at the end of every range session. It's just like checking the yoke screw on a K frame.
    Red loctite?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Red loctite?
    That's what I used on the front sights on my Walther P99Cs, which work the same way. When the front sight on my G45 loosened, I used the blue stuff that comes in the Chapstick container. It seems to be holding.

User Tag List