Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stolen M4 Carbine

Stolen M4 Carbine

https://www.fox61.com/article/news/c...9-2e0acea8e58a

WALLINGFORD, Conn. — Police are investigating after an AR-15 rifle was stolen last week from a Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection vehicle parked outside a home in Wallingford.

“Unfortunately, this is something that's very, very common nowadays,” Sgt. Stephen Jaques said.” It's a highly sought-after item by these criminals for obvious reasons.”

Det. Houlihan_Wallingford PD 10:48 AM
    On 07/26/23 at approximately 0200-0300, a State DEEP-Police Issued M4 Colt Rifle was forcibly stolen from a police vehicle interior mount. The firearm was a Colt M4, model LE-6920, S/N #CR216291, with aimpoint, and a loaded magazine. The suspect was wearing a bright yellow hooded sweatshirt and is associated with an additional 10+ vehicle breaks during the overnight hours. WPD #2023-23124.
    Please contact Det. Sean Houlihan at
    203-514-9004 or email
    shoulihan@wallingfordpd.org.

Nice late night Theft Outfit!

Name:  image1 (4).jpg
Views: 969
Size:  19.1 KBName:  image0 (5).jpg
Views: 971
Size:  12.8 KBName:  image2 (2).jpg
Views: 971
Size:  18.1 KB

Site Supporter
    LE-6920 which, I thought, was an AR (correctly reported in the linked story), not an M4.... Or do I have a gap in my carbine dictionary?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

It would be nice if people just stopped leaving guns unsecured in their vehicles. If you’re too lazy to bring your rifle inside the house when you leave your truck in the driveway, this is what happens.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    LE-6920 which, I thought, was an AR (correctly reported in the linked story), not an M4.... Or do I have a gap in my carbine dictionary?
    Just checked the markings on mine:
    Name:  20230801_092657.jpg
Views: 866
Size:  66.3 KB
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    It would be nice if people just stopped leaving guns unsecured in their vehicles. If you’re too lazy to bring your rifle inside the house when you leave your truck in the driveway, this is what happens.
    I agree with you. It’d be nice if guns weren’t left unsecured in unattended vehicles. But even locking mounts can be defeated. According to the interview, the rifle was stored in a locked mount. The thief stole the whole mount/rifle combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    I agree with you. It’d be nice if guns weren’t left unsecured in unattended vehicles. But even locking mounts can be defeated. According to the interview, the rifle was stored in a locked mount. The thief stole the whole mount/rifle combo.
    Our policy prohibits leaving weapons in an unattended g-ride overnight unless deemed operationally necessary and approved by a first-line supervisor in writing for each instance. Our vehicles generally have lockable vaults secured to the vehicle. Every time I read about an incident like this, I tend to think that’s not a bad policy.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    Our policy prohibits leaving weapons in an unattended g-ride overnight unless deemed operationally necessary and approved by a first-line supervisor in writing for each instance. Our vehicles generally have lockable vaults secured to the vehicle. Every time I read about an incident like this, I tend to think that’s not a bad policy.
    Yeah. Worst case scenario, when I leave my workout bag in the POV a 9mm Ruger LCR gets gone. Still my fault, though...

pat

Site Supporter
    And back in the day a 9 volt battery could easily defeat a vehicle gun lock....

pat

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    In LE, people generally just refer to any 16" or shorter 5.56 AR15 as an M4, regardless of the actual model number on the receiver. SBRs such as Mk18s or 11.5" Colt Commando and similar variants are commonly referred to as "Shorty M4s", but might just get referred to as an M4 just the same. It's an AR15 pattern 5.56 carbine...calling it M4 suffices.

It serves the general purposes such as asking, "Hey, who here has an M4 available?". Responding, "Sorry, I don't have an M4. I have a Colt 6920" is a pretty pedantic way to go about business.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    When the firearms training coordinator at my former agency rewrote the weapons policy, he eliminated a fairly draconian prohibition about leaving firearms in a vehicle under any circumstances and replaced it with nothing. Since he had demonstrated a lack of interest in our input, none of us attempted to address the oversight.

Fast forward a few years, and a cop couple had a take-home vehicle broken into and an AR-15, shotgun, and body armor stolen.

The firearms training coordinator went on too be acting chief of police for a couple years before being replaced with someone much, much worse. But that is another story.

In an ideal world, firearms would never be stored in vehicles, but that's not practical. On the other hand, if you can't take your long guns into wherever you're spending the night, they should be left at the station.

User Tag List