Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Stolen M4 Carbine

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    I don't see six out of 14 agents running in to get long guns that morning, especially since this was the third time the op was run and it was recognized as a "hail Mary."
    I listened to Ed Mireles on some podcast and he responded to a question regarding their armament with something to the effect of "We never expected to find these guys".

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I listened to Ed Mireles on some podcast and he responded to a question regarding their armament with something to the effect of "We never expected to find these guys".
    Platt and Matix?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Platt and Matix?
    Yes.
    There has always been a lotta chatter about why they didn't gun up to a greater degree on that fateful day, sounds like it was a PITA combined with low expectations.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Mireles was a speaker at the Officer Survival Instructor course I attended at the then-Metro Dade Police Department Academy in 1994. All of us arrogant young studs threw questions at him about why this or that was or wasn't done. Mireles, being Mireles, was unfailingly polite in his responses. The answer that struck me most was what he said in the podcast: We never expected to find those guys.

As I've said before, while I had it in mind before hand, I definitely had it in mind afterward: Every call, every shift, every stop, always expect to find those guys.

That said, agencies need to have realistic policies on weapons left in vehicles. My former agency's lack of policy on weapons in vehicles was irresponsible. On the other hand, the previous policy that barred any vehicle storage nor matter what was equally goofy. The clause that an officer would be held accountable if a weapon was lost from the vehicle no matter what contributed to the nonsense. ("Sorry I couldn't save your child from drowning on the pool because I was banned from throwing my gunbelt and gun in the trunk before diving in.")

I’ve posted before about it but my squad met Mireles one night when we were eating dinner. He was with his family and was very polite to a bunch of K9 guys. This was right around the time when his book came out. He’s just a stud!
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Thieves use hydraulic tools to steal locked guns from police cars in CT and beyond, experts say
    https://www.ctinsider.com/news/artic...=ctipromostrip

User Tag List